SMG Housekeeper in Worcester, Massachusetts
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an immediate opening for a Housekeeper/Custodian at the DCU Center in Worcester, Massachusetts 01608. This is a part time, union, event related position. Applicants MUST be available to work OVERNIGHTS AND WEEKENDS.
Under direction, perform routine housekeeping tasks to ensure a clean and presentable facility at all times.
- Participates in cleaning various rooms and areas of the facility to include but not limited to sweeping, mopping/scrubbing, vacuuming of carpets, removal of trash to proper disposal areas
- Cleans restrooms, restocks/replenishes supplies when required, cleans stains, etc. from carpets and seats
- Cleans windows, both inside and outside of the facility
- Assists as directed in the separation of recyclables from trash and the proper disposal of these items
- Cleans and maintains other equipment and areas as directed
- Operate walkie-talkie radio when required
- Present a neat and groomed appearance and demeanor at all times during the workday
There are no supervisory responsibilities for this position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND /OR EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Previous experience in similar functions desirable
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to use small powered cleaning equipment (vacuums, blowers, window washing equipment etc.)
- Ability to listen and follow both verbal and written instructions
- Ability to read and understand MSDS sheets to use required chemicals in a safe and proper manner
- Capable of working safely from ladders and small lifts
- Qualified to operate various types of large, powered cleaning equipment is a plus (floor scrubber, buffers)
- Ability to work flexible hours including daytime, evening, weekends and holidays, as needed
- Must be able to read, write and speak in English
- Must have professional attitude and appearance
- Must be at least 18 years old
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.This position requires lifting at least 50 lbs. without assistance. This position requires talking and standing for most of the assigned shift, as well as bending and stooping. These tasks may be performed in adverse conditions at times (loud noise, dust, inclement weather and moving vehicles may be present). The position also requires climbing and descending steps/stairways with needed equipment to complete cleaning tasks assigned.
Union dues/fees shall apply.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee.
Please go to the Employment page of dcucenter.com and apply thru the job-specific link:
To be considered for any open position, you must complete the application process completely through the link provided. Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may call 508-929-0114.
HR Manager DCU Center 50 Foster Street Worcester, MA 01608
Accepting applications from 11/19/20 until filled.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled