SMG Facility Technician in Worcester, Massachusetts
POSITION: Facility Technician
REPORTS TO: Facilities Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
ASM Global, the Leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an immediate opening for a Facility Technician at the DCU Center in Worcester, Massachusetts 01608. Under general direction, this position is responsible for monitoring, repairing and maintaining the various types of heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned including but not limited to plumbing repairs, refrigeration repairs, light carpentry, ice plant, etc.
- Operate and repair the facility's HVAC systems to maintain the safe and efficient operation of the facility.
- Monitor operation of the HVAC systems, noting current status, identifying potential problems and taking corrective action where appropriate.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the preventative maintenance and other standard operating procedures.
- Perform preventative maintenance repairs, alterations and routine operations to the facility systems.
- Record and log all work performed, complete work order slips and compile all required reports in a timely and complete manner.
- Respond to routine, precautionary and emergency alarms from building automation and life safety systems.
- Maintain an adequate inventory of spare parts and supplies, prepare requisition forms for purchases and pick up supplies and materials from vendors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position requires the candidate to:
- Possess knowledge in methods, principles and practices required for the operation, repair and maintenance of the HVAC systems.
- Possess a thorough understanding of the operational procedures, facility capabilities, industry terminology, event-related services and technical requirements for the types of events anticipated at the facility.
- Provide for the proper use of all tools, equipment and methodology for operations and maintenance of HVAC equipment.
- Have good working knowledge of commercial refrigeration and commercial kitchen equipment (gas, electric and mechanical).
- Be EPA Universal Certified.
- Possess any licenses certificates or training required by local, state or national authorities for the operation of the equipment found in the facility.
- Have basic working knowledge of electrical and plumbing to assist Licensed Electrician & Engineer as needed.
- Read and comprehend blueprints, drawings and other related materials.
- Follow and adhere to all safety precautions, building codes, rules, regulations, risk management and emergency procedures.
- Meet the physical demands of this job which include being able to get in and around the facility (requires personal mobility), lifting, carrying, moving, climbing, working from various heights, and moderate to loud noises.
- Operate equipment such as light trucks, pallet jacks, forklifts, scrubbing machines, snow removal equipment (Bobcat) and light power driven equipment.
- Operate Fire Alarm Panel
- Computer skills required including but not limited to Microsoft office, excel, and outlook; and other related standard office equipment.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Work independently and exercise proper judgement to handling incidents and routing matters.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons, co-workers, and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Be licensed and insured to operate a motor vehicle.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or G.E.D. or vocational training and at minimum of five (5) years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificate Licenses, Registrations
HVAC/plumbing certification/license strongly preferred. Current driver's license required.
Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays is required.
The position requires the ability to work flexible hours based on the event schedule. The position will be exposed to various hazards including but not limited to extreme noise, electrical shock, falls, cuts, bruises and burns. Both interior and exterior work is required. Moderate lifting, at least 75 pounds, and/or strenuous working conditions including walking on ice, bending, stooping, climbing (inclusive of ladders), must be able to work from scaffolding and at heights of up to 130 feet. Required to understand and utilize protective equipment as may be needed for a specific task.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee
Please go to the Employment page of dcucenter.com and apply thru the job-specific link:
To be considered for any open position, you must complete the application process completely through the link provided. Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may call 508-929-0114.
HR Manager DCU Center 50 Foster Street Worcester, MA 01608
Accepting applications from 11/18/2020 until filled.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled