Ultra Electronics - USSI QA Inspector in Woburn, Massachusetts
To support production on a daily basis in the following way. Position will entail performing incoming inspection, in-process inspection, precap and final inspection of complex integrated microwave assemblies and hybrid circuits manufactured within a clean room environment using a microscope for long periods. Inspect production builds to ensure they meet the internal requirements, using MIL-STD-883, IPC-610, J-STD-001 & Ultra-Herley specific procedures and our Customers’ requirements that have been provided
- 3+ Years of inspector experience
- High school education or equivalent
- Ability to obtain a US Government security clearance. Security clearances are granted to U.S. citizens.
- Perform tasks related to Incoming, In-process, Pre-cap and Final Inspections.
- AS9100 Aerospace Experience or another regulated industry is Preferred
- Microscope use for many hours of the day
- Small hand tools (Calipers, Pin Gages, Plug Gages, Thread Gages)
- Knowledge of Incoming Inspection, In-Process Inspection, Pre-Cap Inspection, Final Inspection
- Able to read mechanical drawings and preferred knowledge of Electrical Drawings
- Understanding micro electronic/mechanical assemblies (bonds, ribbon bonds, hand wound inductors, basic Mil-883 2017,2010,750,2073)
- Preferred IPC-610 certified (Active Certification)
- Knowledge of Procedures and Process Documentation (Process Flow Routers)
- Knowledge of Paint Inspection & Helicoil Inspection Preferred
- Willing to use a microscope for extended periods of time.
- Willing to work in a clean room environment
- Using visual Inspection Equipment
- Measuring Hand Tools
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. A review of this classification has excluded the marginal functions of the classification that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities to perform this job proficiently. The requirements in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
Herley is an industry leader in the design, manufacture and support of advanced integrated RF subsystems and components for high performance Electronic Warfare, Radar and Communications systems and flight test and instrumentation systems and subsystems.
Ultra Electronics is a UK-based defense, aerospace, cyber security, energy, and transportation products group. Ultra manages a portfolio of specialist capabilities, generating highly differentiated solutions and products by applying electronic, mechanical, and software technologies in demanding and critical environments to meet customer needs.
We offer medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, health savings accounts, paid time off, and a 401(k) plan with a Company match.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60–1.4(a), 60–300.5(a) and 60–741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing compensation. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodation statement: If you need an accommodation for any part of the application process, please email [Click Here To Join]
- To support production on a daily basis in the following way. Position will entail performing incoming inspection, in-process inspection, precap and final inspection of complex integrated microwave assemblies and hybrid circuits manufactured within a clean room environment using a microscope for long periods. Inspect production builds to ensure they meet the internal requirements, using MIL-STD-883, IPC-610, J-STD-001 & Ultra-Herley specific procedures and our Customers’ requirements that have been provided
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Woburn, MA
Job Type: Government Other
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 9/14/2020