Eversource Energy Energy Supply Analyst in Westwood, Massachusetts
Role and Scope of Position:
The Analyst, Energy Supply performs key analytical tasks supporting the procurement of electric power supply and Renewable Energy Credits (RECs) for customers who have not chosen a retail power supplier. This position assists in executing the ongoing strategy associated with the procurement of energy and environmental attributes under increasing clean energy and decarbonization targets instituted by the New England states.
- Technical analysis and data management supporting the Request for Proposals (RFP) process for procuring electric power supply and clean energy attributes.
- Track energy and REC prices in New England and provide relevant metrics and calculations to internal departments, such as accounting, treasury, and legal.
- Supporting the Director and/or the Manager, Wholesale Electric Supply, in testimony and/or presentations to senior management and regulatory/state agencies on issues associated with energy strategy.
- Review pending energy-related legislation and provide recommendations used to develop corporate positions.
- Administer power supply contracts, including regulatory compliance and monthly invoicing.
- Experience in wholesale electricity markets (wholesale energy, capacity, and ancillary services) operated by ISO-New England.
- Knowledge of the utility regulatory processes in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Connecticut—along with the role that utilities play in decarbonization targets established by these states.
- Awareness of conventional and renewable power generation technology costs and performance profiles.
- Understanding of Renewable Portfolio Standards (RPS), Clean Energy Standards, and decarbonization targets in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Connecticut.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 applications, with a particular emphasis on Microsoft Excel.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to analyze data and information, determine relevant factors associated, and summarize key implications for senior management in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other Eversource departments on power supply issues.
- Ability to develop testimony and answer data requests for regulatory bodies.
- Ability to communicate effectively with legal staff regarding issues that require regulatory approval or could result from or lead to litigation.
- Ability to interact and develop relationships with external business partners.
- Proficiency in evaluating RFP bids leading to contracts.
- Proficient at understanding and interpreting complex power purchase agreements.
- A bachelor's degree in engineering, business administration or related discipline. A master’s degree in business administration, economics, is desirable.
- Three-to-five years of related experience
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Eversource Energy offers a competitive total rewards program. The annual salary range for this position is $88,110 to $97,900/year, plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Please check our career site for an overview of our benefits.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs