Baystate Health Medical Laboratory Scientist in Westfield, Massachusetts
We are looking for a Regional Medical Laboratory Scientist to join our Baystate team!
Resume required with application
Per diem, second shift, rotating weekends & holidays
Regional, Western MA
Medical Lab Scientist I
Associate’s Degree Medical Lab Science required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
AS with MT Certification must have met prior NCA Requirements.
BA/BS formal training or experience- ready to obtain certification
MT or CLS or MLS or Categorical (ASCP, AMT, AAB or HEW) required
Clinical Lab Tech I
Associate's Degree is medical lab science
MLTapplicant must be certification eligible and achieve certification within 12 months of hire in order to maintain employment.
B.A./B.S. applicants would be considered and are required to achieve certification within 1 year of eligibility as per certification agency requirements.
Clinical Lab Tech II
Associate's degree in laboratory science
Min 3 years lab experience in a lab setting
MLT (ASCP) or equivalentA.S. MLT: Required to maintain employment . Other laboratory certifications will be considered.
Clinical Lab Tech III
Associate's Degree is laboratory science
Eligible to sit for the MT certification exam
MLT 3-5 years, MLT (ASCP) or equivalent. Incumbent must be certification eligible and achieve certification within 12 months of hire in order to maintain employment
Baystate Franklin Medical Center is an 89-bed community hospital in Greenfield, MA. Rooted in a rich tradition of service and accountability to the people of Franklin County, North Quabbin, and surrounding communities, BFMC services include emergency, surgery, cancer, heart and vascular, obstetrics, and more.
More than 200 physicians on active and courtesy staff
More than 24,000 Emergency Department visits annually
More than 400 babies delivered each year in The Birthplace – a progressive, midwife-driven service
Training site for the Family Medicine residency, and for residents in emergency medicine, surgery, and obstetrics programs based at Baystate Medical Center
Franklin Medical Center joined Baystate Health in 1986
Rooted in a rich tradition of 125 years of service and accountability, our highly skilled team is committed to advancing care with our state-of-the art facilities and technology. Baystate Franklin houses a $26 million surgical center and the talented surgical teams of the Baystate Health network. Our spacious pre-surgery, recovery, and family waiting areas offer privacy and comfort with natural light, healing gardens, and other amenities. Our multidisciplinary approach gives you access to specialists from across the Baystate Health system, offering comprehensive and collaborative medical treatments close to home.
For more information, please visit us online at: baystatehealthjobs.com or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers
All correspondence can be directed to:
Cole Courtemanche, Healthcare Recruiter
Possesses and utilizes significant technical knowledge and skill regarding principles and techniques of laboratory medicine and instrumentation. Performs various assays/procedures within a clinical laboratory service with documented expertise. Works independently and assesses test results for validity before reporting.
Performs method evaluations, advanced projects, writes/updates procedures, takes paid calls, assists in CAP inspection preparation may order supplies/maintain inventory, specialized training, and performs technical/highly complex testing. When teaching or training, able to include a higher level of theory. The position requires excellent verbal communication, effective computer skills, and the ability to interface with a broad spectrum of health care professionals in a collaborative manner.
This position will require floating between locations or between departments. Responsibilities may include temporarily covering a position, and you typically pick up shifts as needed
Rotates and performs duties at various locations and laboratories throughout the Baystate Health Enterprise.”
1) Verifies appropriateness of specimens accurately labels and identifies specimens. Alerts appropriate health care provider(s) regarding critical results
2) Carries out analytical procedures utilizing manual or automated methods, following written protocols. Verifies validity of results before reporting by observing established quality control criteria before reporting. Produces results that meet established departmental standards for accuracy and precision with minimal repetition of problems. Incumbent demonstrates significant documented skill and experience and is a resource to other staff in at least one section of the laboratory service.
3) Performs assays and reports results within established Turnaround Times. Prioritizes work and maintains an acceptable level of productivity. Communicate regarding issues that may affect the quality of results and/or Turnaround Time.
4) Incumbent demonstrates high-level technical, interpretive, and evaluation skills. Serves as a resource to identify or solve problems. Communicate with work team and/or supervisor regarding problems. Performs basic troubleshooting of instrumentation, referring issues to supervisor as necessary.
5) Demonstrates excellent communication, teamwork, and customer service skills. Records of work performed, quality control, and documentation of issues are thorough and complete, consistent with all departmental requirements and regulatory agencies. Courteous and helpful in all interactions with patients, visitors, co-workers, and health care providers.
6) Participation in special projects or studies with minimal supervision. Orients and trains new employees and teaches students incorporating theory and clinical significance.
7) Assists in maintaining and updating procedures through independent research to ensure current and appropriate methods.
8) As assigned, support CAP inspection preparation by participating in checklist review, standards interpretation, corrective action implementation, and proficiency testing program.
9) Maintains awareness of and follows all corporate and BHS Pathology compliance policies and procedures
10) Observes and promotes the BHS organizational standards of behavior
Minimally Required Experience:
in Medical Laboratory Science or B.A./B.S. in Science
Basic to Intermediate laboratory skills acquired through experience or clinical training.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
American Board of Pathology Registration - American Board of Pathology, Medical Technologist - American Society for Clinical Pathology
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Baystate Health Jobs