National Grid Planner, Portfolio Planning in West Roxbury, Massachusetts
National Grid is hiring a Planner for our Portfolio Planning department in Boston, MA.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there
when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The
pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in
an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery
today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
Manage and coordinate multiple field location work plans and activities ensuring regulatory, budget, work performance, productivity, and customer expectations are realized.
Schedule, execute and model program work plans as prescribed by Gas Resource Planning to support the overall delivery of the Capex and OpEx work plans.
· Manage, balance and coordinate external and internal resources to optimize short and long-term resource needs to achieve the work plan and deliver against agreed programs of work.
· Promote and implement procedural best practice to execute the annual Capex and Opex plans, and ensure all working practice (and where relevant, health and safety standards) are compliant with National Grid policies and regulatory requirements.
· Challenge existing ways of working and continuously seek better ways of performing work in order to drive greater efficiencies.
· Keep up to date with regulatory developments within energy industry in order to ensure the optimization of best practice for National Grid.
· Provide technical guidance, support and coaching to others in order to share knowledge and develop technical understanding within discipline.
· Report and monitor monthly resource levels and resource predictions to Resource Planning for measurement of performance to plan progress in order to enable analysis of key themes and trends.
· Promote and implement procedural best practice within Gas Maintenance & Construction in order to execute the annual CapEx and Opex work plans and to ensure all working practices are compliant with company policies and regulatory requirements.
· Develop and maintain effective relationships with key stake holders in order to share best practices, drive consistency in resource planning and ensure timely delivery of projects.
· Communicate with Dispatch, Field Ops, and CMS supervisors to ensure resource information is accurate for all field resources
· A Bachelor's degree in a related area or equivalent work experience. Typically, the role requires a minimum of 3 years’ experience.
· Proficient in relevant software e.g. SAP, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Knowledge of natural gas system operations.
· Knowledge of National Grid's policies and processes and how to apply them effectively.
· Experience of managing project teams and projects independently.
· Sees multiple relationships, identifying several likely causes or consequences of a situation. For example, when analyzing resource requirements at an individual and portfolio level.
· Realizes patterns or trends in data or situations, notices when something is similar to a past situation, for example when a resourcing issue has occurred before.
· Uses direct persuasion to influence others to accept planning proposals, e.g. when promoting procedural best practice, using basic data, logic or a solid business case.
· Takes personal responsibility for correcting problems promptly and communicates customer expectations to monitor delivery and satisfaction.
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across
bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring
and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against
the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.