CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Network Engineer in Watertown, Massachusetts
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
City: Watertown, Massachusetts, United States
Position ID: J1120-1912
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world. At CGI-Burlington, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. As digital transformation continues to accelerate in the New England area, CGI-Burlington is at the center of this change supporting our clients? digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities. CGI, founded in 1976 on the concept of creating an organization focused on delivering results and exceeding client expectations.
We are looking for a highly motivated and dynamic Senior Network Engineer to join our growing team.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Responsible for planning, coordination, configuration, installation, and management of all LANs/WANs and related client services within the enterprise to meet business requirements.
• Has responsibility for the identification and resolution of hardware and software technical problems and malfunctions related to LANs/WANs and related severs.
• Makes decisions that are critical in the areas of throughput analysis, problem solving, and infrastructure planning with the potential to affect the successful execution of business transactions.
• Ensures a stable performance environment for the enterprise system. Installs and maintains cooperate firewall and all Internet services.
• The successful applicant will participate in the change control process and the daily production meeting in addition to other IT related project meetings
• This position will require participation in the on-call rotation, some occasional off-hours work and limited travel to regional remote sites.
• Requires lifting 50 pounds with frequent carrying of up to 25 pounds.
• Represent Network Engineering in the Disaster Recovery program as part of the disaster recovery Team
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Install network switches, routers, and other systems hardware; troubleshoot, maintain, upgrade, and provide solutions to complex hardware/software problems; alert management, help desk team, and other IT groups when sensitive issues arise or a major problem is suspected; minimize client productivity loss caused by technology outages, and provide necessary infrastructure for clients to meet their business need.
• Configure, maintain, troubleshoot and document server load balancer environment, VPN’s, and DNS/DHCP Infrastructure
• Handle times of peak service demands or as needed to solve complex problems aimed at delivering consistent quality service to clients within predefined service levels; review assigned service requests daily, following up and providing status updates to clients; ensure data pertaining to the status of service requests is entered into problem tracking systems accurately and promptly on a daily basis to provide an up-to-date picture of service delivery status and backlog
• Ensure a stable performance environment for enterprise applications
• Maintain firewall rule-base and review firewall and IPS logs
• Configure network switches to support users, servers and devices
• Maintain cable plant within multiple building locations
• Excellent customer service and clear communication skills with the ability to work independently and meet objectives in a timely manner.
• Collaboration with varied level of user skills is required.
• Demonstrated experience in network technologies including switching, routing, DNS, DHCP, firewalls, proxy servers and load balancers.
• Knowledge of VoIP, SIP , SNMP, Polycom group 500, authentication protocols and PKI a plus
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or significant related experience 5-8 years in a network engineer environment. CISCO and related certifications and/or experience preferred
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc.
- CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Jobs