Wolters Kluwer Senior Product Software Engineer - Java/Scala/Data Analytics in Waltham, Massachusetts
The Analytics team is part of the Information Retrieval (IR) group that supports multiple search engine applications that are part of Wolters Kluwer Clinical Effectiveness. The team focuses on analyzing user search and browsing event log data generated by our applications. Our responsibly includes extracting and organizing related information to monitor search engine performance, support ongoing research efforts to improve our product by mining user behavior patterns and investigate and identify abnormalities, etc. You will closely work with all team members and external members including clinicians and product managers.
This role is preferred as hybrid in our Waltham, MA office but can be remote in east coast for the right candidate**
· Analyze web application events log, and uncover trends and correlations to develop insights that can materially improve our product and strategy decisions
· Recognize and adopt best practices in analytics, data integrity, test design, validation, and documentation
· Establish scalable, efficient, automated software applications for large scale data analysis and process audits
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related engineering field.
· 2+ years engineering experience on data-intensive projects. Working with large dataset, including data cleaning, enriching, and reorganizing for analytics and application support.
· 5+ years Object Oriented Software Development experience
· Advanced in one or more programming language(s) like Java or Scala
· Hands-on experience and advanced knowledge of SQL
· Strong analytics skill and experience
· Experience in version control systems such as Git
· Be self-driven, and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete or dirty data
· Remain current with evolving industry trends and technologies and advocate for approaches to ensure quality and testability
· Work in an Agile environment with regular team meetings, scrum, sprint planning and demos
Preferred Experience (highly desired but not required)
· Experience in Python data science/engineering libraries
· Knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles
· Knowledge and direct experience using business intelligence reporting tools (Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
· Experience with machine learning, data mining and statistical techniques to create new, scalable solutions for business problems.
· Experience with Azure Synapse, Spark
· Experience with web application log analysis
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Wolters Kluwer U. S. Corporation and all of its subsidiaries, divisions and customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Wolters Kluwer Jobs