National Grid Senior Analyst, Corporate Finance in Waltham, Massachusetts
As part of National Grid’s continued commitment to safety, all new hires must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or medical reason can request a reasonable accommodation.
National Grid is hiring a Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A for our Corporate Finance department in Waltham, MA or Brooklyn, NY.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
The Senior Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis US IT (Information Technology) will support budgeting and forecasting for National Grid’s US IT organization; work with Finance Business Partnering teams and other FP&A teams to meet companywide financial and strategic objectives; build and maintain the US IT financial forecasting models, track key metrics, report on financial results, develop business commentary and perform ad hoc analyses. Responsibilities during the monthly close involve input to the accrual process.
• Analyze financial data and provide forecasting support; prepare reports and projections based on financial data
• Build and maintain financial models and associated documents (Excel and PowerPoint) in line with both Corporate FP&A and wider business needs
• Cost center reporting for one or more US IT Tower
• Collaborate with Finance Business Partners to: develop, drive and challenge business assumptions that are critical to each relevant businesses or group in respect of short-term results and longer-term strategy
• Develop flash financial reporting and associated commentary, and present material/lead discussions with colleagues at all levels of the organization
• Run scenario analyses and other ad-hoc requests for key investment decisions, prospective rate filings, etc.
• Collaborate with the wider FP&A team in respect of consolidated National Grid USA budgets and business plans
• Support the requirements, governance, and timeline of the overarching plan to perform process
• Analyze allocations to National Grid OpCos, using trend analysis and comparisons to budgeted and forecasted allocations
• Partner with Accounting counterparts within the Controllership to ensure proper tie-in between record to report and plan to perform processes (i.e., bridge from actuals to budget/forecast)
• Work with peers within the US and the UK to drive an inclusive and collaborative team environment
• Bachelor’s degree required and MBA preferred in Finance or Business
• 5+ years of progressive Finance experience
• 3+ years of experience in Budgeting and long-term financial planning
• Financial analysis
• Finance/budgeting systems
• Effective business partnerships
• Excel modeling and PowerPoint Presentation experience
• Working cross-functionally
$92k to $130k a year, Waltham,
$99k to $139k a year, NYC
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.