Fresenius Medical Care North America Global Learning & Development / Knowledge Management Lead - Global Business Services in Waltham, Massachusetts
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The role is within the Global Business Services (GBS) & Transformation organization and is a member of the extended leadership team. Reporting directly to the Global Head of Operational Excellence and will have responsibilities focusing on Global Knowledge Management & Learning and Development.
The ideal candidate will bring experience in strategic delivery leading an in-house L&D team, who can effectively partner with the business and deliver measurable outcomes across the organization. Candidate should have a proven record of leveraging Learning Experiences Design to deliver training that is engaging, easy to consume, and relevant. This role requires a strategic problem-solver who is an effective influencer who also has a high degree of business insight with prior management experience in leading a team and developing talent. They need to deeply understand the business and rapidly demonstrate impact and value to the organization.
Fresenius Medical Care is a fast-paced environment, the ideal candidate has a combination of strategy, operations, and technology experience. We are looking for someone who can hit the ground running to manage multiple responsibilities and projects while producing high-quality work.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Own strategy for GBS specific learning and development as well as training for all global employees and work with operations, corporate learning and development function, and PMO leadership to execute on the plan, in close partnership with HR leadership.
• Lead the in-house L&D team to deliver high-quality training content and effective skills programs in a fast-paced environment.
• Report weekly and monthly to key stakeholders on progress and outcomes based on agreed training needs and seeking sign off from senior stakeholders on the content created before roll out.
• Measure and report the success of new hire on-boarding, new hire certification, and GBS specific career development training globally for all Shared Services centers.
• Leverage external and internal benchmarks to enhance GBS specific learning and development.
• Provide metric analysis and reporting on training readiness and effectiveness; consults with HR and customers to ensure training meets current needs to support customer.
• Partner with HR, the business and subject matter experts to assess and customize training based on current and future needs.
• Develop certification program for GBS employees.
• Provide 1-1 guidance, coaching and professional development to the Leadership & Development team.
• Partner with quality assurance, operations and process excellence to ensure any gaps in process documentations, quality issues and operational challenges are addressed through appropriate training needs.
• Partner with internal controls and compliance teams to ensure appropriate operational and financial (including SOX) testing is incorporated and performed adequately.
• Partner with operational excellence and HR to establish and maintain a culture of innovation through rewards and recognition, result driven initiatives, bottom up and tops down channels for idea creation
• Conduct/facilitate workshops with business partners as well as employees to identify opportunities to streamline training processes
• Support day-to-day escalations for all knowledge management and learning and development issues globally.
• Partner closely with service management team to leverage business intelligence in L&D/KM function
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
• The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Travel including international will be required to create partnerships and better understand emerging challenges.
• Responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of staff.
EDUCATION AND REQUIRED CREDENTIALS:
• A Bachelor's degree is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
• Training or Teaching-Related Experience, including experience with distance learning and Learning Management Systems required
• Knowledge of adult learning principles and experience developing and measuring KPIs and metrics for training preferred
• Exceptional facilitation skills, and the ability to stand and deliver training
• Global experience.
• Created a culture of enabling the business as well as a culture centered on the company’s mission.
• Ability to empower a team and align them to the mission of the overall company while achieving goals set within the financial operations group.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
• Prior Shared Services/GBS experience, working in a global, complex and matrix organization as well as working with outsourced providers or management consulting firms is a must.
• Proven abilities to ask the right questions and to use sound business judgment when collaborating with a wide range of stakeholders.
• Excellent time and project management skills with the ability to build strong cross-functional relationships and work collaboratively.
• Ability to quickly learn and be proficient with FME systems and tools, troubleshoot and resolve issues.
• Experience in planning and execution of large/ medium End to End processes in Procurement, Strategic Sourcing, P2P (Procure to Pay), O2C (Order to Cash), R2R (Record to Report), FP&A, Tax and Treasury processes is a plus.
• Experience working as a member of a team to collaborate with subject matter experts to design curriculum for in-person, online, and hybrid learning delivery methods.
• Strong project management skills including planning work, managing details, keeping multiple tasks/projects on track, using time well, and delivering results
• Proven experience working in transformational change in complex environment.
• Organic growth mindset with the ability to create cutting edge products and drive innovation while managing cost/investment.
• Proven ability to link complex solutions to business strategies is required.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment.
• Values and focuses on talent development and empowers the team to grow while supporting them to do so.
• Self-starter who thrives and can multitask in fast-paced and often ambiguous environments.
• Strong intellectual curiosity and ability to continuously reflect and learn from all levels of the organization.
• Broad knowledge of business processes, business metrics, business systems, and interrelationships between organizations
• Continuously expands technical knowledge in own and related disciplines and functional areas. Keeps abreast of new techniques and procedures and applies them, when applicable, to problem solutions
• Analytical with excellent problem-solving skills
• Solid understanding of various automation tools and approach to automation is a PLUS
• Excellent spoken and written communication as well as receptive listening skills, with the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical audiences
• Flexible working schedule with late night/early morning support hours if needed
• Ability to travel internationally 15-25%
• Excellent team player who is able to work with virtual and global cross functional teams
• Ability to work with deadlines and in a fast-paced environment
• Mastery of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Fresenius Medical Care North America
- Fresenius Medical Care North America Jobs