Aerotek Electrical Estimator in Waltham, Massachusetts
• 5+ years of electrical estimating experience (primary focus is Commercial Electrical Construction and Utility Grade Solar)
• Ability to acquire, develop and maintain relationships with new and existing clients
Preferred but not required:
• Experience with ConEst or BHS Estimator
The company is searching for a Solar Estimator to join their team! This Estimator will be responsible for all estimating opportunities and will manage and complete all bid activities from solicitation to award. They will also be responsible for acquiring, developing and maintaining relationships with new and existing clients, qualifying bid solicitations, updating and managing the company Bid Calendar with all opportunities, site walks, etc. They will be responsible for estimating 1-3 projects per week depending on size of project (Range $100k - $10M+).
• Complete full Take-off of plans and send BOM's out for pricing to all vendors. Delegate take-off work to coordinators as needed.
• Create an Estimate and Write up proposals with qualifications, exclusions, etc. to be sent to the client. (To be reviewed by manager)
• Host or attend bid de-scope and negotiation meetings to secure contract.
• Assist Project Management team to Complete buyout and submittal process.
• Participate in pre-construction meetings to ensure successful hand-off from Estimator to the Project Management team and General Foreman.
• When necessary, assist with estimating change orders.
• This will be a salaried position - no OT
• 6 paid holidays, 5 days of PTO, and sick time
• They do not offer sign on bonuses
• Expense and mileage reimbursement
• Incentive plan per project
• Possibility of full time if performance is proven
Will be based out of Waltham, MA. May be some work from home flexibility but will be responsible for going into the office regularly and doing site visits as needed.
This person must have a flexible schedule and be able to help when an emergency arises or work longer hours on some days when there are deadlines, etc.
One round interview via Microsoft Teams video interview with hiring manager.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs