Aerotek Biophysical Scientist in Waltham, Massachusetts
We have an incredible opportunity with a leading company in Waltham. We are looking to add a Biophysical Scientist to our team to help design several of our assays. If you are interested in the job description below, please reach out and apply immediately, as we are looking to hire someone ASAP.
• Experience in design and implementation of screening, dose-response, and/or kinetics experiments with small molecule
o Buffer preparation
o Determine and carry-out the appropriate methods for capturing targets to the chip surface
o Familiarity with acoustic dispensing instrumentation (ECHO)
o Basic instrument troubleshooting and problem solving
• Experience analyzing cellular, biochemical activity, and/or SPR data
o Familiarity with curve fitting and assay validation
o Uploading data to internal database for use by project team members
o Timely recording of all experimental findings in adequate details in eLN
o Sending out summary sheets and present findings at team meetings
o Seeking advice when appropriate
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• B.S. 4-6 years of related experience or M.S. 2-3 years of related experience, PHD 0 years'
• Biochemical or cell-based assay development experience is required, biophysical assay development experience (especially SPR) is preferred.
• With advice and training from group members, have ability to learn other biophysical methods (ITC, DSF, MST) to monitor binding of small molecules to target proteins when appropriate
Please reach out and apply if interested!
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs