HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Associate Claims Representative in Wakefield, Massachusetts
Description - External
Do you enjoy researching and solving complex problems for patients? Are you interested in working on the business side of healthcare? Parallon is now seeking a Associate Claims Representative. Now is the time for you to join a team of motivated individuals working to resolve patient accounts on behalf of our hospitals. Ideal candidates will have a steady work history with excellent tenures and attendance patterns, plus a background in healthcare insurance claims. You should also share a passion for our purpose: *"To serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their community." *
Sound like you? Apply today. Need more reasons to apply? See what makes us exceptional place to work!
Or find us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/ParallonRCSJobs.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe deeply in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us.
- Your benefits package allows you to select the options that best meet the needs of you and your family. *Benefits *include 401k, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES– The Associate Claim Representative is intended as an entry or first level claims representative responsible for processing Worker’s Compensation claims to ensure the client (Hospital) recovers monies owed in the most timely, efficient and confidential manner. The position provides professional recovery services on all aspects of a Worker’s Compensation claims.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Work with Worker’s Compensation Insurance carriers to process for payment all related bills and to maximize client reimbursements recovering all monies properly owed.
* Identify viable payer(s) and obtain all necessary documentation to properly process the claim for payment including, when applicable, IBs, UBs, Medical Records, POs, EOBs when necessary. Coordinate benefits with all available payers to appropriately maximize the client’s recovery while minimizing the patient’s personal responsibility.
* Review and process for payment all claims, in which adequate billing information has been obtained, to the appropriate insurance carrier within 24 hours of receipt of said information. * Correspond with patients, employers, insurers, other parties involved in the accident, and attorneys to obtain additional, relevant information to support the claim for monies owed. * Use Parallon operating systems (FACS, SSI etc.) to perform timely processing and follow up on every claim from initial placement thru resolution. * Review status of contested claims (if applicable) and confer with attorneys insurers regarding case disposition. * Prepare account summaries, offers of compromise, pro ration of funds, and compile other relevant data. * Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
Minimum one year related experience required, preferably in healthcare.
Relevant experience may substitute requirement.
Parallon is an industry leader in revenue cycle services. We partner with over 650 hospitals and 2,400 physician practices nation-wide. Our parent company, HCA Healthcare has been consistently named a World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere and is ranked in the Fortune 100. We are dedicated to ensuring our patients have the best experience even after they leave our facilities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Job: *Admitting Registration Clerical & Scheduling
Title: Associate Claims Representative
Location: Massachusetts-Wakefield-Wakefield (WAK) - RCPS
Requisition ID: 26579-199930