The Cigna Group RD Onsite Health Coach - Evernorth - Springfield, MA in Springfield, Massachusetts
Onsite Health Educator – Evernorth - Springfield MA
• Provide onsite face-to-face employee coaching, support and education.
• Partner with Account Management, Client, and other matrix partners in evaluating present health management program and assist in formulating plan to address gaps in strategy to reduce total medical cost.
• Assist in the identification of customer health education needs through health assessment activities.
• Utilize Preventive Guidelines and general health and wellness strategies to achieve goals in the overall health of the client population.
• Perform research on relevant topics in health promotion and disease prevention, as required for specific customer and clients.
• Educate and refer customers on available health resources and Medical Management programs as appropriate.
• Collaborate with customers 1:1 around their behavior changes to improve health status, reduce health risks, and improve quality of life.
• Assess readiness to change and implement actions to assist customers in reaching their goals.
• Collaborate with customers to establish health improvement plans, set personalized evidence-based goals, and support customers in achieving those goals.
• Collaborate and integrate with team members such as RN, dietitian, pharmacist, behavioral clinician, MD, and customer’s provider, as well as other internal and external matrix partners.
• Empower customers with skills to partner with their providers to become an active participant in their own health outcomes.
• Proven ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Record customer interactions in an accurate and timely manner to uphold documentation standards.
• Follow up with customers in a timely manner to ensure that individual health concerns were addressed and maintain thorough knowledge of available internal/external/community resources and effectively refer customers as appropriate.
• Provide individual and group health/wellness education utilizing a multitude of Cigna-approved resources.
• May perform various biometric screenings, blood pressure, body composition, etc.
• Utilize biometric values and motivational interviewing techniques to collaborate with customer to drive to improve clinical outcomes.
• Provide support for health-related site events, which include open enrollment, biometric screenings, wellness committee facilitation, flu shot events, health fairs, etc.
• Performs other Evernorth approved health coaching related duties to serve the client or customer need.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
•Minimum of 3 or more years of experience in health and wellness field.
• Bachelor's degree in a health-related field, which may include health promotion, health education, dietetics, public health, etc. is required. Master’s degree preferred.
• CHES (Certified Health Education Specialist) successful exam completion preferred.
• Experience in formal health education, health promotion, and health coaching required.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills are required. Experience in motivational interviewing is a plus.
• A high energy level, with strong and effective presentation skills is required.
• Demonstrate experience and ability to provide superior customer-centric service to organizations and individuals.
• Working knowledge of wellness programming and individual engagement strategies.
• Positive role model in demonstrating healthy behaviors with a passion for health improvement.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of health behavior change theories and their application.
• Autonomous with the ability to succeed in an independent role, by demonstrating ability to set priorities and manage time effectively.
• Proven administrative abilities, with strong computer and software application skills.
This role is a hybrid and will be based 3 days a week in Springfield MA and 2 days virtual.
If you will be working at home occasionally or permanently, the internet connection must be obtained through a cable broadband or fiber optic internet service provider with speeds of at least 10Mbps download/5Mbps upload.
About Evernorth Health Services
Evernorth Health Services, a division of The Cigna Group, creates pharmacy, care and benefit solutions to improve health and increase vitality. We relentlessly innovate to make the prediction, prevention and treatment of illness and disease more accessible to millions of people. Join us in driving growth and improving lives.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.
The Cigna Group has a tobacco-free policy and reserves the right not to hire tobacco/nicotine users in states where that is legally permissible. Candidates in such states who use tobacco/nicotine will not be considered for employment unless they enter a qualifying smoking cessation program prior to the start of their employment. These states include: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Vermont, and Washington State.
The Cigna Group
- The Cigna Group Jobs