Baystate Health Per Diem RN in Springfield, Massachusetts
As a staff member the Registered Nurse, under the supervision of the Clinical Supervisor, provides home visits to patients. The scope of service includes assessment, teaching coordination and direct patient care.
1) Performs a comprehensive assessment of the patient in the home.
2) Formulates the plan of care based on the patient's physical, psychosocial needs, cognitive level, cultural and ethnic needs.
3) Provides competent nursing care to patients/families in accordance with recognized standards of practice following the established plan of care, under the direction of the patient's physician.
4) OASIS documentation is accurate and congruent with the documentation on the 485, the plan of care and throughout the patient record.
5) Demonstrates competence in computerized patient care documentation.
6) Uses point of care laptop in the patient's home as appropriate
7) Observes, evaluates and reports to the Clinical Supervisor and/or patient's physician the physical, psychosocial and environmental concerns effecting patient care.
8) Maintains all patient records according to current criteria established by agency/Wing Memorial Hospital policy.
9) Obtains required orders for changes in plans of care, medications, levels/types of service.
10) Follows agency policy/procedure in the provision of care. Seeks guidance when unclear about policy/procedure.
11) Coordinates/consults with patient/family, other staff members and personnel outside of department as necessary.
12) Provides demonstration visits for home health aides. Documents care to be provided on home health aide care plan. Performs supervisory visits as required.
13) Assists in providing orientation to new staff nurses.
14) Reports patient abuse as required by state mandate.
15) Accepts responsibility for coverage as assigned, i.e. evening nurse and weekend coverage.
16) Accepts responsibility for telephone referrals, patient triaging when delegated by nursing supervisor.
17) Maintains clinical competency by attending in-service programs and apprising Clinical Supervisor, Executive Director of educational needs.
18) Participates in Performance Improvement Activities.
Required Work Experience:
1) Minimum of one year experience in acute care setting
Preferred Work Experience:
1) Previous home care experience preferred
Skills and Competencies:
1) None Listed
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Diploma in Nursing: Nursing (Required)
Registered Nurse - State of Massachusetts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Baystate Health Jobs