Baystate Health Neurosciences Operations/Monitor Associate in Springfield, Massachusetts
Baystate Health, a nationally recognized leader in healthcare quality and safety, is looking for a Full Time Operations Associate/Cardiac Monitor Technician to join our team in Springfield, MA .
Full time, 36 hours/week
7pm-7:30am rotating overnights
Rotating weekends and holidays may be required
Baystate Main Campus, Daly 5A Brain and Spine Inpatient Unit
THE ADVANTAGES OF WORKING WITH BAYSTATE!
Excellent Compensation High-quality, low-cost medical, dental and vision insurance
Generous PTO – up to 25 days in the first year, with scheduled earned increases
Continuing education support and reimbursement
First Time Home Buyers Financial Packages
Farm Share Memberships
403b retirement company match & annual company contribution increase based on years of service
Free money coach advice from a certified professional
Wellbeing programs that include but are not limited to mental, physical, and financial health
Pet, home, auto and personal insurance
Reimbursement for a variety of wellbeing activities, included but limited to gym membership and equipment, personal trainer, massage and so much more!
Wellbeing programs that include but are not limited to mental, physical, and financial health
Baystate Health, western Massachusetts’ only academic center and tertiary care provider has a long and proud tradition of continuous learning and improvement. We educate and train hundreds of healthcare workers every year and advance knowledge about new approaches to care. At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. We are committed to increasing diverse representation across our organization. Together our inspired and compassionate teams manage the whole health needs of all communities in need.
1-2 years experience in customer service (healthcare setting preferred)
Ability to work rotating days, including weekends and holidays
Ability to multitask
Must be able to complete cardiac dysrhythmia course and successfully pass certification exam within specified timeframe
We strive to be the place where we can help you build the career you deserve – apply today – YOU belong at Baystate!
OUR COMPENSATION PHILOSOPHY
We offer competitive total compensation that includes pay, benefits, and other recognition programs for our employees. The base pay range shown above considers the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including knowledge/skills; relevant experience and training; education/certifications/licensure; and other business and organizational factors. This base pay range does not include our comprehensive benefits package and any incentive payments that may be applicable to this role.
Reports to the Nurse Manager but daily activities are coordinated by the charge nurse. Under direct supervision works with patient and family centered care teams to insure all business functions related to processing patient information, managing documentation, organizing patient medical record and facilitating smooth unit operations. Files appropriate patient reports and other information for their records. Facilitates communication among staff, relaying messages/information. Facilitates bed management and patient throughput on unit. Performs functions necessary to process direct admissions to the unit. Acts as receptionist for visitors to unit and also as a business partner to the department and clinical staff. Orients patients and families to the unit, answering routine questions. Able to multitask.
1) Bed Management: Tracks, prioritizes and assigns beds. Communicates with BMD and BM for admissions, discharges and transfers (ADTs). Coordinates unit/department ADTs. Checks BMD enters new data, and advises Charge Nurse of changes. Checks CIS for discharge orders, follows up with MD, CM RN to assure discharge documents are complete. Enters discharges in OA Gold and pending discharges in BMD. Rounds 3 times daily with RNs and CM regarding discharges, discharge times and special instructions, appropriateness for Discharge Lounge. Notifies CM if ambulance is unable to come @ assigned time. With CM, monitors BMD for observation patients to determine if patient needs discharge or status change. Tracks new admissions from the ED. Retrieves SBAR data from the ED and communicates to the nursing staff. Assures fax is received within 30 minutes. Arranges patient transport from the ED if needed. Carries BMD beeper, assigns coverage during breaks and meals to ensure constant flow of ADTs.
2) Proficiently and accurately utilizes the following computer applications in daily work: C Word, OA Gold, SMS, CIS, Premise, BMD, PCM Auditor, People Soft and Staples and Kronos access if applicable.
3) Unit specific projects: Project work as assigned and/or needed such as Payroll, committee participation, develop unit time schedules, etc.
4) Communication: provides report/handoff to next shift including pending discharges, admissions in process, empty beds, beds being cleaned, and closed beds with the reason. Contacts other departments for priority tests for patients identified for next day discharge. Answers telephones and relays messages promptly with consistent accuracy to team members. Responds to routine inquires knowledgeably and/or refers them to appropriate person, assists staff as requested, ensures identified problems are communicated accurately and promptly. Places calls to MD's and ancillary departments to facilitate patient care and throughput. Where appropriate, coordinates communication with NEOPO and related paperwork in conjunction with RN. Screen calls for clinical team and facilitate communication of information requested.
5) Serve as a unit based resource for Zoned Hospitalist and medical/surgical teaching teams. Assist Hospitalist during clinical rounds, i.e. initiate phone calls, send faxes and call consults as directed by Zoned Hospitalist. Make available the unit based assignment (RN/Case Manager/Social Worker as well as covering RNs [i.e. lunch and breaks]) daily for Hospitalist. Maintain and identify specific workspace for Hospitalists which include computer and telephone access. Works with Access Services and patient/family to secure post discharge follow-up appointments. Identifies daily the Hospitalist of the day through electronic systems and prints this form for team use throughout the day. Posts break and lunch coverage in a central location for ease in obtaining patient related information and fostering communication.
6) Functions as a greeter for the arrival of new patients/families to the unit/department. Assists other departments with information and or answers to questions as requested.
7) Hospital Records and logs: Maintains patient chart in proper sequence and labels pages with patients name. Prepares record prior to transfer and discharge. Explains and obtains signatures for Medicare forms. Organizes chart for Medical Records, faxes or copies records as needed. Sends discharge record to HIM (old and new) immediately after discharge. Updates discharge/admission log. Insures complete information is sent with transfers. Prepares patient charge ticket for data entry and keeps accurate record on unit. When appropriate, enter data into PCM auditor at specified times. Replenish and restock unit audit tools (i.e. refrigerator logs, negative pressure room logs, etc.). Other unit logs i.e. assignment books, sick call records, Kronos variance forms, etc.
8) Unit Resource: Post/file MD schedules for clinical team inquiry. In coordination with charge nurse, prepare staffing assignment for the next shift. Place calls to replace unplanned staffing vacancies. communicate staffing and scheduling to Clinical Supervisor. As needed, but not limited to obtain mail from the mailroom, blood products from the Laboratory, medications from Pharmacy and supplies from Distribution and Dietary as needed.
9) Inventories, maintains and charges supplies. Initiates requisitions and requests accurately and in a timely fashion. Stores supplies within 24 hours of receipt in designated area. Records or submits charges and/or credits for patient supplies as needed. Coordinate paper supplies with Print Shop and/or Distribution to maintain unit/department par levels.
10) Is knowledgeable of and initiates emergency procedures as needed/directed within unit/department. Verbalizes knowledge and location of emergency equipment. Mobilizes emergency support personnel through immediate telephone contact.
11) Observes cardiac monitors. Identifies and reports irregular rhythms to registered nurse for interpretation and intervention. Records and processes EKG monitor strips for defined cardiac patient populations. Assures proper placement and maintenance of all monitoring equipment.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associate of Arts, GED or HiSET (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Ab out Baystate Health
Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England’s leading and largest integrated health care organizations, serving a population of nearly one million people throughout western New England. With roots dating back to the founding of Springfield City Hospital in 1873, Baystate Health has been providing high-quality and compassionate health care in western Massachusetts for more than 145 years. With more than 12,000 employees, a medical staff of nearly 3,100 physicians, and a net patient service revenue of more than $1.4 billion, the ever-growing health system includes five Massachusetts hospitals and the Baystate Mary Lane Outpatient Center in Ware:
Baystate Medical Center in Springfield
Baystate Children’s Hospital (located at Baystate Medical Center)
Baystate Franklin Medical Center in Greenfield
Baystate Wing Hospital in Palmer
Baystate Noble Hospital in Westfield
- Baystate Health Jobs