Baystate Health Licensed Plumber in Springfield, Massachusetts
Under the direction of the Manager for the Plumbing Shop, perform a variety of duties involving layout, installation, alteration, inspection, test and repair of plumbing systems and related equipment throughout Baystate Medical Center.
1) Work from Work Orders, specifications, drawings, prints and instructions. Install, repair and/or modify new and existing systems and related equipment. Layout and install plumbing systems for water, gas, air, oxygen, steam and similar systems. Install and/or connection of fixtures such as sinks, bowls, showers, radiators and a variety of medical equipment and related components. Change location of plumbing systems and equipment as required or directed. Inspect, test and repair faulty pipes, lines, controls, valves and fittings.
2) Maintain thorough knowledge of current methods and practices in plumbing procedures including codes and similar regulations. Refer unusual cases or problems to manager. Inspect and approve work of unlicensed personnel as required.
3) Prepare and maintain required records of time, materials and supplies. Order materials and supplies as needed.
4) Maintain work areas and equipment in a safe, neat and orderly condition.
5) Respond at any time to an emergency repair situation of the Plumbing system and/or fire, flood and power failure, in order to maintain a functionally safe environment for all patients, staff and visitors including emergency call after normal work shift.
6) Participate in on call rotation. Put hospital interests at a high priority. Fill shifts where needed and staying late if necessary.
1) Active License
2) HS Diploma or Equivalent
Required Work Experience:
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) Basic computer and math skills, ability to read, write and speak English, ability to work with minimum supervision
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Driver License - Other, Licensed Plumber - State of Massachusetts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Ab out Baystate Health
Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England’s leading and largest integrated health care organizations, serving a population of nearly one million people throughout western New England. With roots dating back to the founding of Springfield City Hospital in 1873, Baystate Health has been providing high-quality and compassionate health care in western Massachusetts for more than 145 years. With more than 12,000 employees, a medical staff of nearly 3,100 physicians, and a net patient service revenue of more than $1.4 billion, the ever-growing health system includes five Massachusetts hospitals and the Baystate Mary Lane Outpatient Center in Ware:
Baystate Medical Center in Springfield
Baystate Children’s Hospital (located at Baystate Medical Center)
Baystate Franklin Medical Center in Greenfield
Baystate Wing Hospital in Palmer
Baystate Noble Hospital in Westfield
- Baystate Health Jobs