Baystate Health Formulary Tech in Springfield, Massachusetts
Formula Technician retrieves all enteral nutrition support orders and enters them in the dietary computer system. Accurately mixes, labels and delivers the prescribed oral and tube feeding products for all in-patients requiring enteral nutrition support. In addition, the Formula Technician sanitizes and delivers specialty feeding devices for neonates as needed. Formula Technician is also responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the formula room.
1) Communicates with the nursing staff, food service staff and clinical team to facilitate accurate and timely delivery of ordered enteral products.
2) Retrieves enteral nutrition support orders and enters them in CBord accurately.
3) Maintains clean room procedures for the formula room.
4) Accurately mixes neonate and pediatric formula utilizing gram scale and other measuring devices.
5) Prints labels and affixes them to enteral products accurately.
6) Delivers enteral nutrition products to appropriate patient care units. Records travel time for mixed formula.
7) Facilitates delivery of new orders.
8) Re-stocks formula and water.
9) Picks up, sanitizes and delivers specialty feeding devices for neonates.
Required Work Experience:
1) Customer service experience
Preferred Work Experience:
1) Foodservice and/or healthcare experience preferred
Skills and Competencies:
1) Able to speak, write and comprehend English
2) Basic math skills
3) Ability to follow directions
4) Verbal communication skills
5) Familiarly with using Windows based software
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Ab out Baystate Health
Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England’s leading and largest integrated health care organizations, serving a population of nearly one million people throughout western New England. With roots dating back to the founding of Springfield City Hospital in 1873, Baystate Health has been providing high-quality and compassionate health care in western Massachusetts for more than 145 years. With more than 12,000 employees, a medical staff of nearly 3,100 physicians, and a net patient service revenue of more than $1.4 billion, the ever-growing health system includes five Massachusetts hospitals and the Baystate Mary Lane Outpatient Center in Ware:
Baystate Medical Center in Springfield
Baystate Children’s Hospital (located at Baystate Medical Center)
Baystate Franklin Medical Center in Greenfield
Baystate Wing Hospital in Palmer
Baystate Noble Hospital in Westfield
- Baystate Health Jobs