Baystate Health Certified Child Life Specialist, Inpatient in Springfield, Massachusetts
Certified Child Life Specialist
Up to $4,000 sign-on bonus (external applicants eligible)
Baystate Health, a nationally recognized leader in healthcare quality and safety, and home to Baystate’s Child Life Healing Arts Team, is looking for a full time Child Life Specialist to join our strong and supportive team offering a thorough orientation and provide a peer mentor for additional support in Springfield, Massachusetts.
R esume required with application
Some weekend coverage required
Participation in holiday rotations
- Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, MA
THE ADVANTAGES OF WORKING WITH BAYSTATE!
High-quality, low-cost medical, dental and vision insurance
Generous PTO – up to 25 days in the first year, with scheduled earned increases
Continuing education support and reimbursement
First Time Home Buyers Financial Packages
Farm Share Memberships
403b retirement company match & annual company contribution increase based on years of service
Free money coach advice from a certified professional
Wellbeing programs that include but are not limited to mental, physical, and financial health
Pet, home, auto and personal insurance
Reimbursement for a variety of wellbeing activities, included but limited to gym membership and equipment, personal trainer, massage and so much more!
Bachelor’s Degree in Child Life or a related field required with CLS Certification (Master’s Degree preferred)
Certification as a Child Life Specialist through the Association of Child Life Professionals required. **Will consider candidate who has successfully completed a minimum of 600 hours Child Life Specialist Internship and is eligible to sit for the Child Life Specialist Certification exam. Must achieve certification within 12 months of hire (required)
Minimum of 1+ years of experience as a Certified Child Life Specialist in a healthcare setting (preferred)
Previous experience in an Inpatient setting, Pediatric Critical Care setting and Emergency setting (preferred)
Bi-lingual (Spanish/English, preferred)
CPR through American Heart Association BLS Provider (required)
We strive to be the place where we can help you build the career you deserve – apply today – YOU belong at Baystate!
OUR COMPENSATION PHILOSOPHY
We offer competitive total compensation that includes pay, benefits, and other recognition programs for our employees. The base pay range shown above considers the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including knowledge/skills; relevant experience and training; education/certifications/licensure; and other business and organizational factors. This base pay range does not include our comprehensive benefits package and any incentive payments that may be applicable to this role.
For more information, please visit us online at: baystatehealthjobs.com or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers. All correspondence can be directed to recruiter:
The Child Life Specialist will function as an integral part of the multidisciplinary health care team to provide patient and family centered care, advocacy and psychosocial support to children and families within the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) and Children’s and Adolescent’s Unit (CHAD) along with responsibility for coverage of patient/family and team support during resuscitations and traumas in the Pedi Emergency Department as needed/assigned.
The Child Life Specialist is responsible for the provision of child life focused care to children and their families served in a variety of health care settings. Individualized, therapeutic interventions are facilitated through collaboration with the patient, family, and health care team members. The choice of play outlets, educational approaches, and emotional support are built upon a strong foundation child life theory and expertise gained through ongoing practice experiences and intentional commitment to ongoing child life education.
Responsibilities and Additional information:
1) Will function as an integral part of the multidisciplinary health care team to provide patient and family centered care, advocacy and psychosocial support to children and families within the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) and Children’s and Adolescent’s Unit (CHAD) along with responsibility for coverage of patient/family and team support during resuscitations and traumas in the Pedi Emergency Department as needed/assigned.
2) Candidate will require strong skills in effective interpersonal communication, time management, prioritization, and collaboration with multidisciplinary team and community resources. Must be creative, energetic, and flexible and have a strong understanding of both the acute and critical care environments, hospital systems, resources and processes.
3) Must be highly engaged with child life role and bring a positive, supportive and professional demeanor to each encounter.
4) Must have knowledge of trauma-informed care approach, and experience in supporting families through trauma, injury, acute and chronic illness, loss and bereavement.
5) CCLS in this role will exhibit the ability to assess and implement appropriate individualized therapeutic outlets, developmentally appropriate educational approaches, and emotional supports built upon a strong foundation of child life theory and expertise gained through ongoing practice experiences and intentional commitment to ongoing child life education.
6) Additional duties, tasks, responsibilities and cross coverage to other areas that receive child life services within the Baystate System as needed/assigned.
7) CCLS in this role will complete and maintain Minimum Requirements and Additional Responsibilities at or above the equivalent to a CCLS I Proficient Level from the BCH Child Life Clinical Recognition Program.
8) This position qualifies for participation and advancement opportunities in the BCH Child Life Clinical Recognition Program.
9) Will report to Manager of Child Life & Healing Arts.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Arts (Required)
Child Life Specialist - Association of Child Life Professionals
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Ab out Baystate Health
Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England’s leading and largest integrated health care organizations, serving a population of nearly one million people throughout western New England. With roots dating back to the founding of Springfield City Hospital in 1873, Baystate Health has been providing high-quality and compassionate health care in western Massachusetts for more than 145 years. With more than 12,000 employees, a medical staff of nearly 3,100 physicians, and a net patient service revenue of more than $1.4 billion, the ever-growing health system includes five Massachusetts hospitals and the Baystate Mary Lane Outpatient Center in Ware:
Baystate Medical Center in Springfield
Baystate Children’s Hospital (located at Baystate Medical Center)
Baystate Franklin Medical Center in Greenfield
Baystate Wing Hospital in Palmer
Baystate Noble Hospital in Westfield
- Baystate Health Jobs