GAF Carrier Sales Representative in Springfield, Massachusetts
Come Build Your Career Under OUR Roof
The Carrier Sales Representative is a key member of the Hawk Logistics team, directly
reporting to the Manager of 3PL Operations. This individual will be instrumental in the growth of
Hawk by building a strong carrier base, fostering existing carrier relationships, negotiating rates,
identifying growth opportunities and providing world-class service to our customers.
● Establish and maintain strong relationships with carriers
● Identify growth opportunities by analyzing available freight and carrier capacity; provide
expert insights to manager
● Work to develop and maintain carrier rates and apply pricing strategy to provide the best
possible solutions for the customer.
● Optimize profit margins while meeting and exceeding service standards
● Oversee process from start to finish, including identifying carrier, on-boarding,
negotiating, dispatching, track and trace until load is delivered
● Master Load Boards and the Transportation Management System (TMS).
● Develop and streamline operational processes.
● Coach and mentor junior resources that will assist with dispatching, track and trace
● Work closely with key internal and external partners, vendors, and customers to meet
the retail and job site delivery requirements.
● Ensure and maintain carrier compliance with company, state, and national standards and
● Review and analyze current market trends and adjust customer/carrier rates as needed.
● Monitor FMCSA and stay informed of any changes to DOT regulations.
LEVEL BASED COMPETENCIES
Level Based Competencies are to be designated based on job level and content.
● Start-Up Development
● Building Strategic Working Relationships with Plant Managers, Operations Directors &
VPs, Sales Leadership, along with external Logistics and System Providers, and key
● Stress Tolerance
● Strategic Decision Making
● Managing Conflict
Technical knowledge/skills (entry, intermediate, advanced)
● Intermediate knowledge of the transportation industry
● Intermediate knowledge of 3PL / Freight Brokerage Operations & Programs
● Intermediate knowledge of Truck Transportation Rules and Regulations
● Intermediate knowledge of Truck Safety, DOT, CSA, HOS
● Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
● Intermediate knowledge of Distribution support systems, such as FMS and TMS
General knowledge/skills (entry, intermediate, advanced)
● Advanced verbal and written communication skills
● Intermediate organizational development skills
● Advanced problem solving and decision making skills
● Advanced skills in managing and negotiating with external vendors/suppliers
● Bachelor's degree from an accredited university and/or equivalent industry experience
● Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or Supply Chain/Logistics
● 3+ years experience in full-cycle Freight Brokerage/Third Party Logistics (3PL)
● Notable Transportation/Logistics Dispatching foundation
● Experience with Flat-Bed and/or Hazardous Materials
● Experience in a Start-Up environment
We believe our employees are our greatest resource. We offer competitive salary, benefits, 401k, and vacation packages for all full time permanent positions. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and GAF, Standard Logistics, SGI, and Siplast are proud to be affirmative action employers. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. If applying for positions in the U.S., must be eligible to work in the U.S. without need for employer sponsored visa (work permit).
- GAF Jobs