Eversource Energy Associate Energy Efficiency Consultant – Strategic Initiatives in Springfield, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
If you’re passionate about sustainability, join a team of professionals connected and motivated by this common commitment to the environment and a clean energy future. In this role within the energy efficiency department, make a direct impact as you assist with bringing new and existing energy efficiency offerings to life for Eversource’s electric and natural gas customers across Massachusetts and New Hampshire, as well as collaborating with colleagues on energy efficiency programs in Connecticut.
As an Associate Energy Efficiency Consultant for the Initiatives team, you will be contributing to the identification of technologies that support energy-saving solutions for commercial, industrial, and municipal customers. You will be helping to execute programs that are multifaceted and complex in nature, which includes ensuring new offerings meet stakeholder requirements and are effective for all parties. You will serve as a strategist in shaping how Eversource communicates, promotes, and scales these programs to/for internal and external groups such as engineering, sales, and marketing, customers, policymakers, and the contractors who implement the energy efficiency measures in our customers’ businesses and municipal properties.
Through your interactions with stakeholders, contractors, engineers, and internal departments, your focus will be on accomplishing commercial and industrial sector energy-saving goals which help to lower the state’s carbon emissions.
- Displays a basic understanding of energy efficiency and utility industry knowledge
- Coordinates with product development, engineering, sales, marketing, and planning teams to refine existing customer offerings and seek opportunities to expand and improve them
- Collaborates with program teams and internal and external stakeholders on energy efficiency program strategies, processes, and techniques
- Must be able to identify areas of opportunity by extrapolating data and identifying new customers who meet requirements for energy efficiency improvements
- Assists with the budgeting, invoicing, evaluation, and tracking of expenses and energy savings of assigned offerings; contributes to the development of RFPs for contracted services
- Helps develop and coordinate documents and plans necessary to meet compliance with regulatory filings and oversight of rate-payer funds for Energy Efficiency programs
- Willingness to attend national energy efficiency conferences and/or stakeholder events (e.g., ACEEE, ASHRAE, ACI, and CEE)
- 1-2 years’ experience working with or on behalf of energy efficiency utility programs in New England (ideally, Eversource programs) is ideal
- Ability to quickly comprehend complex projects/programs, which includes extensive engineering analysis/calculations, implementation strategy for new technologies, or energy simulation modeling
- Ability to translate technical and complicated information so that external and internal stakeholders understand their application and benefits
- Ought to be highly observant to identify opportunities and analyze efficacy of processes
- Should possess excellent communication and persuasion skills, both verbal and written
- Key to have an entrepreneurial spirit and be self-motivated with a desire to solve problems
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, or a related discipline
- One (1) plus years of relevant experience working on utility energy efficiency programs and/or in technical marketing, sales, engineering, architecture, project management, or energy efficiency services
- Experience and/or aptitude in customer service desired
- Experience and ability to communicate clearly and effectively through written correspondence and presentations
- Demonstrated knowledge of industrial processes or HVAC systems preferred
Licenses & Certifications:
- Relevant professional certifications preferred
JOIN OUR TEAM!
The #1 energy efficiency provider in the nation, Eversource is empowering a carbon-neutral future for the Northeast, with nationally recognized energy efficiency solutions and successful programs to integrate new clean energy resources like solar, offshore wind, electric vehicles, and battery storage, into the electric system. As an employee within the energy-efficient department, you will find like-minded individuals motivated by their passion for furthering these environmental goals. On this team of energy experts, you and your colleagues will work with business partners across New England to advance clean energy solutions and ultimately provide customers with the support necessary to help them make the places where they live, work, and play more comfortable and less costly to operate and maintain.
When you become an Eversource employee, you join a single, united company dedicated to delivering reliable electricity, natural gas, and water to customers across Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire. The commitment of our approximately 11,000 employees to customer satisfaction ties us all.
The energy efficiency solutions provided by Eversource have received top honors from national organizations such as ENERGY STAR, American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy, and Northeast Energy Efficiency Partnerships. Come make a difference and work for an employer who is a leader in the industry. We have a great working environment, excellent compensation and benefits programs, and opportunities for growth.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs