Elior North America Purchasing Manager in Southborough, Massachusetts
The Purchasing Manager ensures that the property obtains all food products needed in house,
on time and while meeting company specs at competitive market prices. Work very closely with
procurement initiatives. Implement and maintain sound purchasing systems, software, policies
and procedures. Train and mentor purchasing staff. Work directly with CDOP, Executive Chef,
purchasing & culinary teams to control costs while promoting our company mission, culture and
• 3+ years of prior purchasing management or related experience.
• Must have prior culinary/ food product knowledge.
• Prior hotel/hospitality purchasing experience of Food, Beverage & Direct Operating supplies
• Associate’s degree in business, accounting, hospitality or related degree is preferred.
• Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
• Excellent time management and organization skills a must.
• Food Handlers/ Sanitation Certified a plus.
• Excellent computer skills necessary, including but not limited to Microsoft Excel and Word as
well as Purchasing Software.
• The ability to communicate concise & accurate information to co-workers, supervisors, suppliers
• Able to meet deadlines, work well under pressure and trouble shoot quickly.
• Able to work flexible work schedule in order to accommodate business levels.
Essential Job Functions :
• Lead projects and procedural improvements of the purchasing direction of the company.
• Ensure Bidding, Purchase Orders, receiving and reconciling procedures are being
followed at all times
• Initiate weekly meeting with Chef to clarify needs and present any questions.
• Conduct monthly inventory with the team, ensure accuracy by spot-checking entered
date before submitting to accounting.
• Proactive in communication as it pertains to changes and updates
• Follow, implement and maintain procedures to control food costs
• Lend expertise to implement process improvements
• Continually identify areas of cost savings and/or increasing quality improvement
• Set up purchasing book for upcoming weeks
• Creation of product specs in collaboration with Chef
• Lend knowledge and expertise in the area of product ID to staff
• Take active role in weekly breakdown list and convert data to workbook
• Monitor changes and do daily walk through
• Create PO’s & place orders for all product needed with approved vendors, working in
coordination with the Purchasing Manager.
• Maintain records using approved purchasing software.
• Ensure that storerooms are properly maintained and following health codes.
• Ensure that non food, beverage & non-daily operating supply orders, receiving and
distribution are organized
• Receive all food and beverage invoices in the purchasing software system ensuring
invoice reconciliation is accurate and timely.
• Coordinate when it makes sense to purchase small quantities from local stores/vendors
to ensure efficiency and timeliness without having to make multiple trips.
• Ensure culinary and company specifications are met upon delivery of product; receiving
staff are trained on receiving objectives
• Filling in for Receiving agent(s) regarding delivery check in and putting product away
during absence, vacation or as need arises.
• Work with CDOP on special projects related to BOH (i.e.: purchase order system,
kitchen purchasing/production system)
• Responsible for all costings.
• Must be proficient in recipe break down, knowing yield and company specs
• Must meet/exceed P&L budgets for food, labor, direct operating costs
• Work with CDOP on cost savings initiatives such as cuttings, or rationalizations.
• Give input for cost savings and efficiencies as applicable
About Elior North America
Elior North America enhances people’s lives through culinary innovation and a commitment to providing exemplary service. Our family of companies, with more than 17,000 employees, provides food services and catering to over 1,500 client accounts in five industry segments across the continental United States. We are proud to be the fifth largest culinary management company in the country and excited to be the fastest growing organization in the industry.
We focus on three ingredients for success to differentiate Elior from our competitors and position our company as a disruptor in the markets we serve. To support our ingredients for success and drive our mission and values, we need talented team members throughout our family of companies.
Click here to view a video about Elior North America (https://vimeo.com/436228885/45e6cb04d9)
Elior North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Elior North America
- Elior North America Jobs