Eversource Energy Manager, Gas Policy and Compliance in Southborough, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Responsible for the development, maintenance and implementation of Gas Distribution’s policies, procedures, and standards to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations across both Massachusetts and Connecticut for all of Eversource Gas (ESG). Individual is specifically responsible for implementing the procedures and plan for Eversource’s Gas Business, and for full integration of the plan with all affected departments, groups, procedures, and processes. Included in the scope of responsibility are continuous, proactive updates to standards and procedures. This position is also responsible for the efficient management of the quality management activities of the ESG. Recognized as having technical expertise in gas engineering design, construction standards, 49 CRF Part 192 code requirements, state regulatory requirements (MA DPU and CT PURA) and gas operating procedures and standards.
- Responsible for the development, maintenance, and implementation of all operations, and maintenance policies, procedures, construction, material, and standards.
- Ensures all procedures are in compliance with applicable federal and state regulations and industry standards.
- Responsible for ensuring that new and revised procedures are done in a timely manner and properly communicated to field operations and provides interpretation and guidance in the execution of the businesses procedures.
- Evaluates and approves new materials, products, processes and tools for use in the distribution system.
- Monitors all proposed legislation and regulations and responds appropriately. Updates existing procedures to ensure compliance with new requirements.
- Assists in the development of operating procedures to address abnormal operating conditions, including capacity deficiencies; ensure implementation of the approved procedure for ESG.
- Implements and manages common portal for publication and management of standards and procedures.
- Develops schedule for implementation of consolidated standards and procedures and/or their revision.
- Provides guidance to training resources for implementation of consolidated standards and/or their revision.
- Supports training on procedures and standards.
- Designs, implements, and maintains the business unit’s quality management programs including inspection activities.
- Responsible for tracking the results of inspections, monitoring findings to identify deficiencies and takes action to rectify non-compliant actions and activities.
- Manages activities associated with quality management activities such as Random QC inspections, Re-Dig program, Post Construction Audits, and other quality audits that may be deemed necessary.
- Reports Non-compliance and documents follow-up on QA/QC audits.
- Investigates Material failures.
- Supervises the development of materials standardization.
Provides assistance to operating department activities during system emergencies and restoration efforts.
Implements best practices to achieve efficient and effective procedures development and quality management strategies and activities.
- Participates in or leads committees or meetings focused on compliance, both internally and externally, such as for the Northeast Gas Association and the American Gas Association.
- Manages the department by establishing and monitoring area goals, policies, plans, programs, performance objectives and budget. Analyzes and recommends resource levels to plan, develop and implement programs and policies. Establishes operating and financial objectives and aligns with department goals. Manages area financial resources.
Oversees the management and development of area staff. Assesses the need for, and oversees implementation of, programs to ensure employees possess technical, interpersonal and organizational skills required to support operating plans. Supervises, selects, coaches and develops area staff.
Communicates in writing and verbally in a clear, effective and timely manner.
- Ensures that safe work practices are followed and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and regulations.
Requires thorough knowledge of federal and state regulations pertaining to natural gas distribution and production. Knowledge of natural gas distribution system operation. Also requires knowledge of quality management processes and practices. Thorough knowledge of applicable work practices and procedures and safety requirements. Requires working knowledge and use of Gas Business information and office automation. Requires strong interpersonal and oral and written communication skills. Requires strong leadership skills and ability to efficiently and effectively interact with all levels of the Organization. Displays initiative, holds other accountable, accepts responsibility and makes sound decisions.
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, business, applied science or related discipline
Minimum of ten (10) years gas distribution, engineering or related technical experience . Experience in procedure development and/or distribution operations is preferred.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment which requires sitting, standing, walking and climbing stairs. It also includes field visits which may include construction sites, rough terrain and production facilities. Job requires traveling to other operating districts and companies within and outside of the state.
- Occasionally exposed to explosive gas, high-noise levels, and traffic and construction site hazards. This is a safety sensitive position requiring random drug testing. Federal operator qualifications rules apply.
- This position is categorized as safety-sensitive for the purpose of drug testing. Successful applicants shall be subject to a pre-assignment drug test if the individual is currently in a non-safety sensitive position. As an employee in this position the individual shall be subject to random drug testing. A positive drug test will result in disciplinary action.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Mental Aspects :
Work includes calculating, comparing, technical writing, editing, planning, evaluating, interpreting, organizing, consulting, analyzing, designing, documenting, specifying, coordinating, implementing, presenting, etc. This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs