Eversource Energy Engineer, Technical Operations, Gas (Hybrid) in Southborough, Massachusetts
Role and Scope of Position:
Responsible for field controls, field measurement and electro-mechanical and traceability of interfaces. Accountable for the engineering, quality assurance (QA), installation, and troubleshooting of field RTU enclosure components and peripherals. Lead Gas system operations Subject Matter Expert (SME) for critical field assets. May, as assigned, serve as team or project leader for unique/special system assignments related to the Gas Control Room management plan.
This is a Hybrid position. The first 90 days will be full-time in the office.
- Designs and installs technical components as needed to minimize risk and improve safety and reliability.
- Adheres to Gas system operations strategies, design constructability and installation best practices to ensure safe and reliable system operations customer service.
- Collaboration with internal and external technical Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) on multiple, complex projects providing focused project deliverables (i.e. Safety, customer focus, technology, reliability, design standards, costs and schedule).
- Coordinates with internal and external stakeholders to restore critical Gas system infrastructure.
- Develop documentation of critical Gas field components and system installation maintenance packages & as-builts.
- Responsible for SCADA Human Machine Interface (HMI) wire frame schematic design creation, field documentation & QA.
- Conducts, analyzes and repairs field electro-mechanical equipment as needed and dispatched by Gas Control.
- Specifies and procures materials and equipment for Gas System Operations objectives.
- Installs, analyzes and programs field PLCs (Programmable Logic Controller) and coordinates with SCADA Engineers to maintain remote control and SCADA system integrity.
- Ensures the safety of personnel by taking direct preventive measures, conducting effective safety meetings and briefs, ensuring all related standards, rules and laws are understood and followed.
- Adheres to Eversource’s policies and procedures to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations and codes. Ensures that work is performed in accordance with appropriate Company standards and work methods including monitoring for a high quality of workmanship and productivity.
- Supports the commitment to Eversource’s mission, strategy and values.
- Coordinates resources required to complete processes or projects.
- Creates documentation for system operations.
- May be required to work extended hours to support project needs.
- Formulates Eversource technical positions and recommends company policies and standards on various issues within expertise.
- Requires practical knowledge and experience maintaining, operating and troubleshooting field measurement, controls and electro-mechanical critical Gas Control field asset infrastructure.
- Requires knowledge of utility constructability, Gas distribution system design, operations, maintenance, construction principles and practices, safety standards and business processes.
- Requires project and schedule management skills including computerized work and materials management and scheduling tools.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret information in order to propose decisions with respect to the specific area of the position in solving highly complex problems.
- Ability to grasp concepts, analyze technical information, determine facts and make well thought out recommendations/decisions.
- Requires excellent communications, interpersonal, conflict resolution and teamwork skills.
- Knowledge of energy physics processes. Knowledge in the area of energy and energy distribution preferred.
- Knowledge of 49 CRF Part 192 code preferred.
Ability to read GIS mapping systems and an understanding of Gas pressure and flow relationships, remote telemetering and control.
Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local regulatory criteria, industry codes, and standards applicable to the specific area of expertise.
- Ability to read and analyze industrial drawings.
- Knowledge of cyber security and critical systems protocols preferred.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years related experience
- Requires technical knowledge in data transport communications systems
Licenses & Certifications:
- Attain critical systems training
Compensation and Benefits:
- Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The annual salary range for this position is $85310.00 to $94790.00, plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out the career site for an overview of benefits.
Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
Must be available to travel between MA/CT as necessary.
Work is conducted outside, in varied conditions and terrain including adverse weather conditions, and in a normal office environment.
- Work requires sitting, walking, standing, stair climbing, completion of paperwork, using a telephone and computer, and attending meetings. Drives to various job site locations to coordinate and provide oversight of work, and review construction job requirements. Off-hour on-call responsibility may be required. At times, requires working long hours in response to situations.
This position is categorized as safety-sensitive for the purpose of drug testing. Successful applicants shall be subject to a pre-assignment drug test if the individual is currently in a non-safety sensitive position. As an employee in this position, the individual shall be subject to random drug testing. A positive drug test will result in disciplinary action.
5. Mental Aspects :
- Work includes calculating, comparing, editing, evaluating, interpreting, organizing, consulting, analyzing, planning, designing, documenting, specifying, coordinating, implementing, presenting, etc.
- This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
6. Leadership Behaviors/Competencies:
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs