PPD Associate Team Lead - Analytical Sciences , HPLC in South Framingham, Massachusetts
We can offer a generous sign-on bonus up to $10,000 for this position!
PPD is a leading global contract research organization. At PPD we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose - to improve health.
PPD Laboratories offers the most comprehensive set of laboratory services available in the industry and continues to deliver innovative solutions to our clients through our collaborative approach, including PPD® Laboratories FSP. PPD® Laboratories FSP is a unique partnership that allows our clients to leverage the experience of our PPD staff, while allowing you, the employee, to gain direct experience working onsite at a pharmaceutical/ biopharmaceutical company, all while maintaining full-time benefits/advantages of being a part of PPD.
As a Group Leader, you will work onsite at a major pharmaceutical company supporting the client’s MSAT (Manufacturing Sciences and Technology) Group. The MSAT group supports the development, scale-up, testing, and tech transfer of numerous processes and modalities.You will be a working leader that that supports the analytical sciences and will handle your own lab work, as well as, mentor and train junior analysts, assist in troubleshooting, support lab investigations, and perform some data verification.
Additional key responsibilities for the role on site at a major pharmaceutical company:
- Manage a -person team
- Provide line-level management coordination of resources and work schedules for laboratory activities.
- You will oversee daily operations and assists in preparation and implementation of company policies, quality systems and training programs.
- Ensure that projects are completed in a timely manner so that company revenues are met, and clients are satisfied with the quality and turnaround time of work being performed.
- Ensure that laboratory staff continue to be developed to keep pace with department goals and growth.
- This position will also be working part of the time in the lab providing Assay Support using HPLC/UPLC, Electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE, cIEF, CE-SDS).
- Also, useful to have knowledge in: Empower, PCR, 2D gels, Atto-tag
- Performs lab work in accordance with client protocols, methods and requirements.
- Lab equipment and asset management
- Oversee daily equipment preparation and calibration
- Oversee testing schedule maintenance and coordination
- Prepares, reviews and approves study protocols, project status reports, final study reports and other project-related technical documents
- Designs experimental study and participates in technical troubleshooting.
- Onboard, train, and mentor new staff
- Mentor junior scientists in analytical techniques
- Troubleshooting equipment and methodology problems
- Reviews data for technical quality and compliance to protocols, methods andSOPs.
- Reviews and approves laboratory investigations, deviations,and QA facilityand data audits. Leads client and FDA audits.
- Allocates, schedules and manages laboratory resources for group's projectactivities and updates project status. Reviews timesheet reports for billingaccuracy.
- Responds to clients questions and needs; leads client technical meetings.
- Assists in preparation of proposals by provided project definition.
- Identifies new opportunities within client base and ability to work with businessdevelopment to pursue opportunities.
- Coordinates and prioritizes project activities with internal functional groupsysical testing, analytical development, microbiology, etc.) and supportfunctions (QA, sample management, etc.).
- Assists management in their responsibilities.
- Prepares and implements PPD SOPs and company operational policies. Ensuresadherence and makes recommendations to quality system improvements.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. It's not just talk, our award-winning training programs speak for themselves.
Join PPD in our relentless pursuit of excellence - apply now!
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Scientific field or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 6 years) or equivalent and relevant combination of education, training, and experience.
- 0-1 year of management responsibility
- In some cases an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven leadership skills and management experience
- Ability to cultivate a collaborative work environment with a team
- At least 2-3 years of experience working with analytical and biologic methodologies, such as chromatography, HPLC/UPLC, electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE, cIEF, CE-SDS)
- Ability to independently optimize analytical methods
- Experienced in laboratory systems (LIMS and EMPOWER)
- Demonstrated knowledge of GMP and GLP practices
- Effective negotiating skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of QAmetrics of program base; ability to write and recommend changes toPPD SOPs
- Ability to troubleshoot multiple systems/methodologies
- Ability to independently optimize analytical methods
- Understanding of basic financial terms and definitions as it applies tothe business
- Understanding of proposal and project scope as it relates to pricing, resource management and theimpact on business
- Project and time management skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills as well as presentation skills
- Ability totrain and mentor junior staff
*Working Environment: *
/PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role/:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours.
- Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds
- Able to work in non-traditional work environments.
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements, including infectious agents, typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
- As a condition of employment with PPD, in this role, you must have received your Covid-19 vaccine and you must disclose proof of your vaccination status upon employment.
Organization: *US BU
Title: *Associate Team Lead - Analytical Sciences , HPLC *
Location: MA-South Framingham-FSP Framingham, MA
Requisition ID: 222706
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength fosters and environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group
- PPD Jobs