Pizza Hut Assistant Manager in REVERE, Massachusetts
To effectively manage the operations of a restaurant during an assigned shift or in the absence of the RGM. The AGM will support the RGM in sales and profit planning, implementing training for Team Members, and will become proficient in all aspects of restaurant operations in preparation for advancement to an RGM position.
• Responsible for providing leadership in the restaurant - recognizing and motivating Shift Leaders, Shift Managers and Team Members; coaching and training the team in order to achieve operational excellence.
• Directly perform hands-on operational work on an on-going basis to train employees, respond to customer service needs and for the purpose of role-modeling appropriate skills and behaviours in the restaurant.
• Must consistently demonstrate HWWT principles and utilize HWWT recognition programs.
• Assist in the management of day-to-day operations by managing labour, counting and ordering inventory and supplies and developing the restaurant team.
• Supervise others effectively and coordinate their work efficiently.
• Analyze sales, labour, inventory and controllables on a continual basis and take corrective action to meet or achieve daily or weekly margin and sales growth targets.
• Assist RGM in preparing financial plans.
• Ensure Occupational Safety & Health Act, local health and safety codes and corporate safety/security policies and procedures are met and followed.
• Ensure that facility and equipment are maintained to company standards on a day-to-day basis.
• Recruit and select qualified, high energy team members using approved tools and systems.
• Assist RGM with staffing plan development.
• Train and develop Team Members, Shift Leaders and Shift Managers.
• Provide feedback at the Team Member, Shift Leader and Shift Manager levels.
• Assist RGM with performance management issues and apply progressive discipline when appropriate.
• Work closely with RGM in the case of corrective actions or terminations.
• Assist RGM in preparing action plans to address in-store issues and have ability to effectively communicate these plans to the team.
• Assist RGM with local restaurant marketing activities.
• Actively assist RGM with all new product rollouts.
• Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers, franchisees and other corporate contacts.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
• Demonstrated organizational/time-management skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills
• Excellent work ethic and demonstrates integrity
• Proven ability to plan and delegate
• Demonstrated ability to coach and train others
• Adaptable, flexible and accepts diversity
• Active team player
• Ability to calculate/analyze data
• Basic business, math and accounting skills
• Thorough knowledge of all restaurant equipment, policies and procedures
• Completion of high school education, partial high school education with specialized training or equivalent experience
• One to two years work experience in food service or related industry
• Completion of CHAMPS Certification
• Developing Champions Certification for ‘Leading a Restaurant in Manager's Absence'
- Pizza Hut Jobs