Artis Senior Living Director of Culinary Services in Reading, Massachusetts
The Director of Culinary Services, who is not classified as a dietitian, is ultimately responsible for the food service function. He/she plans and supervises services of the department to provide service for residents, employees, and visitors. In addition, the Director of Culinary Services provides technical guidance and administrative direction over food planning, menu formulation, and preparation and serving of regular and therapeutic diets.
Essential Position Functions:
- Ensures responsibility for the quality and quantity of food served.
- Adheres to all sanitary regulations governing handling and serving of food.
- Oversees that meals are prepared and served on schedule.
- Investigates trends and developments in Dining Services practices and techniques and evaluated their adaptability to Dining Services program.
- Develops, revises and adapts work techniques and methods for more efficient operation of unit and for training employees.
- Prepares and serves food in accordance with national standards, administrative policies and within budget allowances.
- Maintains accurate records and reports in accordance with Artis policy.
- Reviews and evaluates the work performance of the Dining Services personnel as well as counsels/disciplines staff according to established company personnel policy.
- Plans and posts staffs work schedules at least one week in advance, calculated in FTE and strictly complying with the labor budget.
- Establishes a procedure to assure that all invoices are coded and receiving reports completed on a daily basis.
- Develops procedures to assure that kitchen sanitation is maintained on a daily basis with training for each position and daily side work task lists.
- Ensures all food handling is in conjunction with local and Artis health and sanitation requirements.
- Adheres to all OSHA regulations and safety procedures when lifting, moving equipment and using chemicals.
- Prepares annual budget for Dining Services Department and works to consistently meet monthly budgetary guidelines.
- Concerns his/herself with the safety of all residents in order to minimize the potential for fire and accidents. Also, ensures that the location adheres to the legal, safety, health, fire and sanitation codes by being familiar with his/her role in carrying out the site’s fire, safety and disaster plans and by being familiar with current Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
- Puts Customer Service first; ensures that residents and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals’ needs and rights.
Performs all other duties as requested. Education/Experience:
Must have demonstrated experience as a chef and has supervisory and management skills.
- A minimum of a high school degree or graduation equivalent is preferred.
- Certification in accordance with regulatory agencies governing the community. An equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, race, ethnicity, gender, religion, or otherwise. Minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.