Oracle Consulting Project Snr Principal Consultant in Quincy, Massachusetts
A fully competent project management professional who has a broad understanding of solutions and industry best practices. This first-level project management position provides consistent creative and high quality solution leadership ensuring project quality and timely delivery within budget to the customer s satisfaction.
Employs independent judgment in guiding moderately complex activities involved in the successful implementation of an integrated business solution, ensuring project quality and timely delivery within budget to the customer s satisfaction. Analyzes business needs to help ensure Oracle s solution meets the customer s objectives by combining industry best practices and product knowledge. Effectively applies Oracle s methodologies, policies, and procedures while adhering to contractual obligations, thereby minimizing Oracle s risk and exposure. As a project lead, assists project team with aspects of their roles. Effectively influences decisions at the management level of customer organizations. Ensures deliverables are acceptable and works closely with the customer to understand and manage project expectations. Supports business development efforts by pursuing new opportunities and extensions. Collaborates with the consulting sales team by providing domain credibility. Manages the scope of small projects and sub-projects.
6-8 years of experience relevant to this position including 0-5 years of project management experience. Demonstrated ability to follow solid project management principles. Comfortable working in a matrix management environment. Strong communication skills to deal with internal stakeholders, customers, and vendors. Product, technology or industry expertise relevant to the portfolio focus. Bachelor s degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience. Ability to travel as needed.
This is a remote/office based position which may be performed anywhere in the United States except for within the state of Colorado.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The project manager serves as the customer's single point of contact for all project related issue and concerns and manages the entire implementation effort and commissioning activities. This position requires the ability to provide strategic guidance on the deployment of the new Virtual, Cloud Native and 5G products being offered by the CGBU. Strong work ethics and personal drive are required for this position as products are in the infancy of development and require the acceptance of revolving change to the products which will affect both schedules and delivery methods. The PM selected for this position must have strong communication skills along with the ability to influence the customer to accept Oracle recommendations for the deployments of our products to benefit both parties. The position utilizes all appropriate project management skills and methodologies in an effort to meet or exceed stakeholder needs and expectations from a project. The project manager is focused on the delivery of the customer's solution by planning, organizing, leading, controlling and closing out projects within the quad constraints of cost, quality, scope, schedule, and client satisfaction.
• Analysis and design of project objectives and events after purchase order
• Working with Sales and Pre-Sales engineers to review customer solution, expectations and commitments as input to the project charter / Project Requirement Document (PRD)
• Develop detailed and objective project plans and Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) for all assigned
• Understanding customer requirements and developing detailed Statements of work (SoW's) to ensure project success and closures:
• Planning the work according to the objectives
• Defining the deliverables of the project
• Forecasting future trends in the project
• Assessing and controlling risk (or Risk Management)
• Estimating resources
• Request resources allocation
• Organizing the work
• Acquiring human and material resources
• Assigning tasks
• Directing activities
• Controlling project execution
• Facilitate and establish regular PRM's (Project Review Meetings) with the customer and internal
• 5 years of Project Management Experience in the telecom industry
• Minimum degree: Bachelors preferred
• PMP certification preferred, but experience will be taken into account as an alternative.
Title: Consulting Project Snr Principal Consultant
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 210009AK
- Oracle Jobs