Jordan Hospital Radiologic Technologist in Plymouth, Massachusetts
· Preparation for Exam: Reviews the request for the ordered procedure and determines the appropriate utilization of resources needed as determined by department protocols and consideration of patient ' s needs.
· Performance of Exam: Carries out all steps necessary to get patient prepared, perform procedure, complete all related functions and dispatch patient to the next appropriate modality/location.
· Develop/Process Films: Performs all functions of film preparation, processing and handling consistent with department protocols.
· Quality Control: Performs all functions of film matching and completeness of procedure with the appropriate personnel.
· Post-exam Requirements: Assure that all information is available for report rendering by radiologists and A call out @ or transmit wet readings when necessary.
· Perform all record keeping/paperwork necessary for Exam/Requisition/Film Cycle.
· Maintain and utilize x-ray equipment as instructed or for its intended purpose, per departmental guidelines, manufacturer = s instructions and departmental procedure manual.
· Maintain an adequate stock of pertinent supplies.
· Perform all duties in an ethical and professional manner.
It is understood that this is a summary of key job functions and does not include every detail of the job that may reasonably be required.
· Two years of experience in a hospital setting preferred, training experience as a Student Radiology Technologist in a hospital will be evaluated as part of the two year experience.
· Graduate of an AMA approved program in radiology for registration eligibility.
· Current or eligible for, Massachusetts Radiologic Technologist License and Certification by the American Registry of Radiology Technologists (ARRT) or registry eligible, must attain certification within one year of date of hire.