The Mentor Network Medical Billing Specialist in North Andover, Massachusetts
Medical Billing Specialist Primary Location: MA-MANorth Andover-1600 Osgood St Function: Finance The MENTOR Network
The MENTOR Network is currently seeking a Medical Billing Specialist to join our Accounts Receivable team within Billing & Collections. As a Medical Billing Specialist you will ensure that all billing is completed accurately and on time, the general ledger states correct revenue and accounts receivable, and all accounts receivable remain current.
- Utilize automated AR software application (Avatar) to process financial eligibility, authorization, billing, and denial follow-up transactions.
- Utilize document management software (Biscom) to support billing activities and to process transactions daily.
- Maintain collections notes in Denial Workflow application.
- Perform data entry tasks for all Authorizations and Delete service requests in a timely manner.
- Perform data entry tasks for any Client Service Fee changes in a timely manner prior to billing.
- Prepare weekly, semi-monthly and monthly billing for all payers and ensures that all tasks are completed for month-end billing.
- Maintain supporting documentation for all billed invoices.
- Assist in the monthly billing certification process and document any remaining unbilled charges.
- Research, escalate and resolve any billing discrepancies (not in good order) to meet billing cycle.
- Work with payers and other key AR staff to resolve outstanding claim processing issues with a focus on over 60 days balances.
- Address and resolve account credit balances and overpayments.
- Research, escalate and resolve any denied claims either identified from aged accounts reports or payer remittance advice. Work with payers and state offices (as needed) to resolve outstanding denials.
- Ensure the timely resolution of any collections issues for self-pay balances.
- Prepare aging analysis, collections, and reconciliations of Accounts Receivable as applicable.
- Assist with the resolution of any issues that could impact the timely month-end closing.
- Ensure internal control compliance with all assigned areas and other audit requirements.
- Assist in the onboarding of new hires providing required training when necessary.
- Support special projects and mission critical initiatives.
- Embrace concept mentoring by actively participating in team meetings and fostering an environment in which team members proactively collaborate with one another.
- Proactively supports management as well as the objectives and goals of the department.
- Supports special projects and performs other duties as assigned by the SSC AR Manager and/or AR Team Leads.
- Help establish and achieve regional DSO (day sales outstanding) goals.
- Actively participates and provides overview of billing and collections status in weekly/monthly AR calls. Also, provide information to be used in the quarterly reserve process.
- Identify opportunities for assigned payers to allow for electronic billing, more frequent billing and Electronic Funds Transfer payments