Staples Manager, Digital Analytics in Newton, Massachusetts
The Manager of Digital Analytics will lead the development of insightful and actionable analytic solutions to support digital media and marketing efforts. He/she will interface with internal clients to understand business objectives and ensure deliverables are aligned with those objectives. This individual will also help drive the development of the organization’s digital analytics roadmap.
• Partner with various internal business partners to understand objectives and goals, and define and implement a framework for measuring, reporting and analyzing results to provide actionable insight related to those goals.
• Lead the development of integrated measurement frameworks across all digital marketing programs.
• Capture, analyze and communicate insights around customers’ digital behavior.
• Provide an end user POV to support integration of data across different web analytics tools and databases.
• Provide subject matter expertise on best practices and standards for developing digital analysis and reporting.
• Leverage customer data as well as multi touch attribution, web analytics, marketing automation, CRM and social measurement platforms to generate insights to improve return on marketing investment.
• Support web analytics tagging implementation across our current and future digital platforms to ensure accurate data capture.
• Track, assess and report on customer user journeys to determine strongest path to purchase and loyalty.
• Lead the development, implementation and optimization of testing and targeting programs.
• Help drive the development of the organization’s digital analytics roadmap.
• Manage a team of analytics staff. Make hiring decisions, provide active management, mentoring and career development, and promote best practices and operational excellence across the team.
• Conduct full performance appraisals and coaching for direct reports. Review and make recommendations on pay actions for.
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Statistics, Economics, Marketing or a directly related field.
• At least six (6) years of experience in a digital analytics role.
• Extensive knowledge of digital marketing.
• Demonstrated knowledge of various data mining techniques to generate business insight, including correlation analysis, clustering and regression analysis.
• Strong SQL skills and understanding of data warehouse architecture.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Search Engine Marketing and Search Engine Optimization.
• Proven experience establishing effective testing, measurement and reporting programs that deliver insights to business partners.
• Prior experience with tag management.
• Experience with tools such as marketing automation, CRM, web analytics, social measurement, testing and targeting, tag management systems and business intelligence platforms.
• Ability to communicate complex data concepts in ways marketing leaders and other functions will understand.
• Strong written and oral communications skills.
• Ability to manage complex projects with multiple stakeholders to deliver results in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.