Black & Veatch Safety & Health Spec/Advisor - Wind - MA in New Bedford, Massachusetts
Safety & Health Spec/Advisor - Wind - MA
Date: Sep 18, 2023
New Bedford, MA, US
Company: Black & Veatch Family of Companies
Together, we own our company, our future, and our shared success.
As an employee-owned company, our people are Black & Veatch. We put them at the center of everything we do and empower them to grow, explore new possibilities and use their diverse talents and perspectives to solve humanity's biggest challenges in an ever-evolving world. With over 100 years of innovation in sustainable infrastructure and our expertise in engineering, procurement, consulting and construction, together we are building a world of difference.
Company : Black & Veatch Corporation
Req Id : 100249
Opportunity Type : Staff
Relocation eligible : No
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Project Only Hire : Yes
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
By joining our BV Construction group, you will have the ability to develop and enhance your skills in an on-site, hands-on environment. We are committed to providing our construction professionals with expert training, career development, and career advancement to allow for continuous professional development. Our management is committed to the latest advances in technology, above class support and sustainability to bring our clients the best service in safety, quality, and final product. Functions in our group include safety, project field management, construction management, quality control, start up and decommissioning and field engineering.
This is mid-level project position, which is accountable for implementing and maintaining the Company's Safety and Health Procedures on a smaller, less complex project. Performs medium to high complexity tasks and may act as a supervisor to other safety and health professionals.
- Implements, administers and maintains project Drug and Alcohol Substance Abuse Program. Develops and conducts employee safety and health training programs. Conducts detailed site safety and health inspections. Manages project security contracts, programs and policies. Performs record keeping / filing functions. Conducts incident and injury/illness investigations. Writes detailed injury/illness reports. Completes all appropriate company safety and health program documents. Interfaces with clients and government officials. Manages construction contractor safety and health program administration. Administers project worker's compensation programs and procedures. May act as on-site first aid and medical provider. Provides supervision, training, development, and performance management of direct reports. Develops and implements safety and industrial hygiene in consulting plans and studies. Analyzes data generated by SafetyandHealth studies and compiles reports including findings and recommendations including administrative, emergency and PPE controls. Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
Acts as a project manager. Among responsibilities is management of a project team. The individual comprising this team may vary by project.
2+ years in a construction environment, 4+ years safety and health experience All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred, safety and health certification, Bachelor's Degree preferred
Preferred Competence: Knowledge of safety and health standards and practices. Knowledge of company substance abuse policies and procedures. Knowledge of worker's compensation policies and procedures. Knowledge of construction contracting strategies and contract administration. Knowledge of company safety and health consultation capabilities and ability to perform as a consultant. Ability to perform first aid/medical functions. Communication skills. Word processing and spreadsheet computer software programs. Ability to write detailed reports. Human relations skills. Conflict management skills. Supervisory skills. Ability to effectively interface with client and government officials.
First Aid, CPR, Drug testing certified, OSHA 500/501, Safety and Health Program Administration, OSHA 10 hour
Work Environment/Physical Demands
• Lift and carry heavy items weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Stand, Kneel, Bend, Stoop, Move, and Walk long distances in and around confined, cluttered places, and uneven areas.
• See and hear naturally or with correction.
• Full range of motion and flexibility consistent with requirements of the job duties.
• Requires using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls according to a set procedure.
• Requires repetitive movement.
• May require work above 5 feet in height.
• Climb and maintain balance on steel framework, stairs, ladders and scaffolds.
• Work up to a 12 hour shift doing hard physical labor in varying temperature extremes and other outside conditions.
• Typical construction site environment:
• Requires working in cramped work spaces and getting into awkward positions.
• Requires working in very hot (above 90 F degrees) or very cold (below 32F degrees) temperatures and exposure to inclement weather such as dust, wind, snow, rain, etc.
• Requires working in extremely bright or low lighting conditions
• Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable.
• Work around hazardous equipment.
• Typical office environment.
• This position is considered a safety sensitive position.
CNS: Construction Services
Black & Veatch endeavors to makeaccessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process because of a disability, please contact the Employee Relations Department at +1-913-359-1622 or via our. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only; you may not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications. General inquiries about the status of applications will not be returned.
Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy.
Our comprehensive benefits portfolio is a key component of this commitment and offers an array of health care benefits including but not limited to medical, dental and vision insurances along with disability and a robust wellness program.
To support a healthy work-life balance, we offer flexible work schedules, paid vacation and holiday time, sick time, and dependent sick time.
A variety of additional benefits are available to our professionals, including a company-matched 401k plan, adoption reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, vendor discounts, an employment referral program, AD&D insurance, pre-taxed accounts, voluntary legal plan and the B&V Credit Union. Professionals may also be eligible for a performance-based bonus program.
We are proud to be a 100 percent ESOP-owned company. As employee-owners, our professionals are empowered to drive not only their personal growth, but the company's long-term achievements - and they share in the financial rewards of the success through stock ownership.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickand.
Notice to External Search Firms : Black & Veatch does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be obligated to pay a placement fee for unsolicited resumes. Black & Veatch Talent Acquisition engages with search firms directly for hiring needs.
Nearest Major Market: New Bedford
Job Segment: Industrial Hygiene, Field Engineer, Engineer, Engineering
Black & Veatch
- Black & Veatch Jobs