Nantucket Cottage Hospital Physical Therapist – Outpatient in Nantucket, Massachusetts
Full-time, 40 hours per week, Day shift
Working together with our community to achieve whole person wellness through health and related services.
An island community that enjoys physical, mental, emotional, & spiritual wellness.
The Physical Therapist will carry out an individualized program of physical therapy including examination, assessment, treatment, planning, education, and communication to maximize a patient's progress toward achieving functional goals. The Physical Therapist will maintain a positive working relationship with other health professionals and staff.
_Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities_
- Conducts physical therapy practice within defined standards of care.
- Administers tests and measures to determine extent of patient’s impairment, patient problem list, and the prognosis for improvement.
- Designs, implements and adjusts plan of care based on patients’ functional needs, examination findings and prognosis.
- Directs support staff to ensure a positive patient experience, safe work environment and achieve patients’ functional goals.
- Provides objective, analytical documentation specific to each patient ensuring that it is clear and accurate for all visit types involved with patient care, patient/family education, and relevant communication.
- Practices the standards of physical therapy care including but not limited to use of durable medical equipment (DME), providing patient education, use of modalities, providing therapeutic procedures, and providing manual therapy.
- Participates in quality improvement efforts including but not limited to chart reviews, education programs, in-service, program development, and community events.
- Complies with hospital and departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement program, safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
- Remains up to date on licensure/certifications and enhances professional growth and development through participation in continuing education programs, in-service meetings, and workshops.
- Attends and participates in department and Hospital meetings as needed.
- Reports any hazardous conditions, practices or behaviors in the Hospital.
- Complies with hospital and departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
_Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required for the Position_
_Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required_
- Knowledge and skills to care for the physical and developmental needs of the age groups receiving services.
- Demonstrated technical skills and judgment to function unsupervised.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to remain calm in emergency situations.
- Requires lifting, positioning, pushing, reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching and/or transferring of patients.
- Graduation from an accredited Physical Therapy program required.
- Current, valid Physical Therapist license issued by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts required_OR_new graduate with the ability to obtain a license prior to hire.
- Current Basic Life Support certification required.
_Required Behavioral Skills_
- Dedication to Excellence:Commitment to work together to meet the needs of those we serve in the most competent, professional and compassionate way.
- Respect:The dignity and individual rights of every patient and employee are seen as the responsibility of every caregiver, employee and patient.
- Integrity:Commitment to the highest personal, organizational and ethical standards; providing patient care in a responsible, accountable manner.
- Quality:Efficient service to the community with the highest level of skill while striving for continuous improvement.
- Confidentiality:Privileged information is protected, and privacy standards are upheld.
- Communication:Effective and appropriate exchange of information with our patients, community, staff and partners in healthcare.
- Safety:Dedicated to providing an emotionally and physically safe and accessible environment for patients, staff and visitors.
- Teamwork:Fostering an open, creative, and challenging work environment built on respect.
- Rotating weekend shifts with regular workweek adjustments as needed.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 30 pounds at one time.
- Must be available to work in the case of a Hospital declared emergency.
Job: *Physical Therapy
Organization: *Nantucket Cottage Hospital (NCH)
Title: Physical Therapist – Outpatient
Location: MA-Nantucket-NCH Nantucket Cottage Hospital
Requisition ID: 3222220