Nantucket Cottage Hospital Administrative Assistant - Quality/Medical Staff Office in Nantucket, Massachusetts
Full-time, 40 hours per week, Day shift, Evenings/weekends/holidays as needed
Working together with our community to achieve whole person wellness throughhealth and related services.
An island community that enjoys physical, mental, emotional, & spiritual wellness.
This position acts as an Assistant to the VP of Quality, Risk & Patient Experience; ensuring that all departments, communications and meetings are accomplished/supported in a professional manner. The Administrative Assistant of Quality/Medical Staff**Office is responsible for overseeing the physician credentialing process and ensuring that all pertinent data is obtained in a timely manner and sent to the Medical Staff for approval.
_Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities_
- Develops and maintains Medical Staff credentials files for all Medical Staff and Allied Health Professionals.
- Ensures that the credentialing (clinical and revenue cycle) requirements of all physicians and allied health professionals are met in accordance with various regulatory requirements and Hospital policies.
- Orients all medical staff to credentialing process and information needed to meet requirements and policies.
- Ensures credentials are current for all staff credentialed through the med staff office by continuous monitoring.
- Independently types letters, memos, reports, and statistical data in carrying out medical staff job responsibilities.
- Collaborates in making the housing and travel arrangements for consulting physicians in accordance with established policies and procedures; ensures keys, cell phones, and other required information are available to physicians upon arrival to the Island.
- Sends out and ensures completion of required employment-related information such as references, credentialing information, etc.
- Obtains criminal background checks and other primary source information regarding all physicians and AHP’s who have requested privileges.
- Ensures distribution of established policies and procedures to all physicians.
_Medical Staff Responsibilities_:
- Independently, ensures distribution of appropriate materials to the Medical Staff.
- Types letters, reports, and performs related Administrative assistant responsibilities for Medical Staff Office, as required.
- Takes, transcribes, and distributes minutes of Medical Staff Committee meetings, as required.
- Maintains a current listing of all physicians by specialty that includes all revenue cycle information as needed, e.g. MCR ID number, NPI number.
- When asked, answers telephone requests about physician availability by providing all names of physicians in the requested specialty field.
- Arranges for physician coverage as required. e.g. Surgical, OB
- Maintains online documentation of On Call schedule e.g. Surgery, OB, Peds, Anesthesia, Hospitalist.
- Responsible for scheduling physician photographs for photo identification badges by apprising physicians of scheduled photography sessions and/or making acceptable contingent arrangements with the Security Department.
- Responsible to respond to medical staff verification request.
- Responsible to process payor enrollment documentation request.
- Key facilitator for physician onboarding.
_Administrative Assistant Responsibilities_:
- Types various letters, memos, reports, and statistical data for department managers and directors, as needed.
- Photocopies various reports, memoranda, and documents, as required.
- Independently, takes, transcribes, types, and distributes meeting minutes of the Quality and Safety Committee, and Credentialing Committees (and any other committees as needed).
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information in accordance with Hospital policy and applicable statutes and regulations.
- Supports admin responsibilities for Case Manager i.e., insurance verifications and approvals.
- Supports admin for other departments under the responsibility of the VP Quality, Risk and Patient Experience.
- Covers MD access line every third week.
- Assists with projects in the Quality office as requested – e.g. Patient Safety Awareness Week, posters, bulletin boards, etc.
_Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required for the Position_
_Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required_
- Knowledge and understanding of medical terminology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability todemonstrate adequate technical skills and judgment to function unsupervised during on-call, second shift, and weekend hours.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2 years’ experience in an administrative assistant capacity or related position required.
_Core Operating Principals_
Through the Lighthouse System of Whole Person Care, NCH strives to:
- LEARN from our patients, families, providers and staff,incorporating feedbackas we grow
- INITIATE apersonal, compassionate connectionwith each patient throughout their health care journey
- GUARANTEEfamily-focused, seamless, equitable and timely accesstoworld-class, high-quality care
- HIGHLIGHT the need to always respectprivacy and patient confidentiality
- THOUGHTFULLYintegrate multi-disciplinary approachesto mind, body and spirit wellness, demonstrablyimproving the health statusof Nantucket residents
- HONORNCH employeesby celebrating their successes, investing in their well-being and promoting diversity and inclusion
- OFFERinclusive, inviting facilitieswhere all people feel welcome
- UNDERSTANDeach patient’s unique story, enabling them to be an active partner in their care
- SECURE afinancially sustainable futurefor NCH
- EXPRESSgratitudefor the essential support provided by our island community
- May be required to attend early morning or evening meetings as needed.
- May be required to work occasional weekends or holidays based on department needs.
- Must be available to work in the case of a Hospital declared emergency.
Job: *Administrative Support
Organization: *Nantucket Cottage Hospital (NCH)
Title: *Administrative Assistant - Quality/Medical Staff Office *
Location: MA-Nantucket-NCH Nantucket Cottage Hospital
Requisition ID: 3172580