Beth Israel Lahey Health Inventory and Equipment Specialist - Surgical Services (Full Time) in Milton, Massachusetts
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Day (United States of America)
This is a full time, 40 hour per week position, day shifts.
The Surgical Services Inventory and equipment specialist will be responsible for sterile supply management in the Operating Room and coordination of information pertaining to supply availability. They will maintain the equipment inventory and organization of storage throughout the OR.
• Replenish OR Core, all OR rooms, sub-sterile, CPD and storage areas within Surgical Services.
• Assist with the picking of case carts for upcoming procedures as needed.
• Keep equipment organized within the operating room locartions.
• Assist with case cart set-ups for next day surgeries; providing coordination between both areas of set-up in OR and in CPD.
• Collaborate with CPD staff regarding case cart readiness; identify and communicate issues to CS Charge Tech and OR Core Coordinator.
• Supervise orderlies to ensure the turnovers and stocking is complete for our surgeries.
• Round with our EVS supervisors to assess the EOC.
• Maintain an equipment inventory and mapping for equipment location.
• Coordinate supplies and stocking of specialty items in coordination with team leaders and OR Core Coordinator.
• Analyze when par levels need to be adjusted based on volume or change in service.
• Works closely with the orderlies to assist with organization of equipment and storage areas.
• Work closely with OR Core Coordinator to manage inventory to budget for all supplies in surgical services; inform leadership of discrepancies and use just in time concepts.
• Process new items and rotate stock on shelf as needed. Notifies of any discrepancies or damages regarding the incoming materials.
• Keep efficient par levels for OR and OR supply rooms inventories and manage them to support Surgical Services.
• Maintain and obtain supplies for surgical services inventory based on set par levels.
• Accurately check par stock areas and replenish inventory appropriately.
• Identify inactive and outdated items. Review stock status with director/manager to identify items for deletion or inventory reduction.
• Check for expired products. Properly dispose of expired products and replenish inventory appropriately.
• Maintain cleanliness and orderliness of assigned work area and maintain supply areas according to regulatory standards.
• Follow all directions and complete all job tasks given to you by surgical services supervisors. Support all improvement decisions.
• Mandatory participation in the physical inventory for surgical services.
• Work cooperatively with others within the department and throughout the hospital.
Performs all duties in accordance with safety and other laws, rules, and regulations set forth by appropriate regulatory and government agencies and in accordance with established department and hospital policies and procedures.
May be required to perform similar or related duties as may be necessary on an emergency basis or as designated by the department manager or supervisor.
The nature of the tasks/responsibilities required of employees in this position will likely expose them to blood and body fluids. Employees will be oriented to and required to understand and follow the standard precautions for infection control. A summary list of tasks and procedures that may cause exposure to blood and body fluids is listed in the attached Physical Abilities Job Description. Also identified is the protective gear that is available
It is understood that this is a summary of key job functions and does not include every detail of the job that may reasonably be required.
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more (https://www.bilh.org/newsroom/bilh-to-require-covid-19-influenza-vaccines-for-all-clinicians-staff-by-oct-31) about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Beth Israel Lahey Health
- Beth Israel Lahey Health Jobs