Wheelabrator Technologies Safety Manager in Millbury, Massachusetts
Wheelabrator Technologies is a waste management company committed to delivering essential waste management solutions to customers and communities supported by our team of 1,800 employees. We believe in preserving our environment for future generations while providing for today's needs. Wheelabrator is a vertically integrated business with a platform of 40+ strategically located collection, transfer and disposal assets. These include waste-to-energy facilities, transfer stations, ash monofills, landfills, and fleets of rail cars and collection vehicles. We process more than 13 million tons of waste annually, convert 9 million tons of waste into clean, renewable energy that powers hundreds of thousands of homes and recycles more than 390K tons of plastic, paper and metals from the waste stream. For more on Wheelabrator, please visit www.wtienergy.com.
Our Massachusetts sites are looking for a Safety Manager. The Safety Manager can sit out of any of our Massachusetts sites including, Saugus, MA, North Andover, MA, Westborough, MA or Millbury, MA. The Safety Manager will develop policies and procedures and implement the safety program for multiple business units as specified under Company and Federal/State regulations and guidelines. The Safety Manager will establish annual safety related goals and develop division specific game plans to achieve objectives.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The following responsibilities are general duties that a particular employee in this position may or may not be required to perform. The actual duties required of this position will vary.
- Ensures managers and supervisors are properly trained in health and safety regulatory requirements, accident/injury investigation and root cause analysis
- Ensures operational management conducts regularly scheduled safety meetings with drivers, shop employees, office employees, and management on safe driving and working principles.
- Coordinates accident investigations and accident reporting for the Company.
- Ensures root-cause analyses are conducted for each accident and injury. Reviews statistical documentation for trends.
- Ensures Driver evaluations and re-evaluations are conducted in accordance with Company standards.
- Develops or requisitions teaching aids (i.e. Smith System; DriveCam) to enhance drivers proficiency and safe driving habits.
- Ensures pre-employment, random and post-accident/post-injury drug testing practices meet regulatory and Company standards.
- Ensures all accident registers and files, safety and workers' compensation records and Driver certification files are maintained.
- Conducts and records employee observations, premise and shop inspections and periodic vehicle safety inspections.
- Provides accident data, and accident reduction goals to management. (i.e. TRIR, DART, CFR)
- Liaison and manages third party safety consultants regarding loss control and claims management.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION:
- Bachelor's degree in Safety, Occupational Health or related field
- Five years experience in a safety-related position.
- Working and practical knowledge of risk management, industrial health and safety rules and regulations to include OSHA/DOT/FMCS/EPA
- Bachelor's degree in Safety, Occupational Health or related field.
- Waste or transportation industry experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
WHEELABRATOR TECHNOLOGIES INC.