Edward M. Kennedy Community Health Center, Inc. Family Nurse Practitioner in Milford, Massachusetts
Are you looking for a meaningful career caring for our communities most vulnerable populations?
The Edward M. Kennedy Community Health Center is one of the largest community health centers in Massachusetts serving Worcester, Framingham, Milford and the surrounding communities. We are a thriving and growing organization, and our team is expanding across sites to support this growth.
As an employer of choice, the Health Center prides itself on its inclusive workplace environment which fosters teamwork, accountability and respect and supports the growth and development of each employee. We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace the richness of the diversity of our staff and community. You are a good fit for our team if you’re passionate about helping people live healthier lives and enjoy working in a supportive, team-based environment.
Job Summary: The Family Nurse Practitioner provides comprehensive primary care to patients within an outpatient environment. They will coordinate the care of patients under the supervision of a Board-Certified Physician. In addition, the FNP acts as a member of the clinical team and works collaboratively with other departments in providing patient care.
· Delivers direct primary care and preventative services to assigned children, adolescent, and adult patients.
· Develops therapeutic plans of care for prevention, management, and maintenance of good health for patients.
· Provides health education and counseling patients.
· Provides care for Acute and Chronic Illness and Urgent Care services, which includes assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and monitoring of illness.
· Works closely with multidisciplinary teams and instructs and assists other team members in management of patient care.
· Follows established practice standards and current evidence-based clinical practices and guidelines.
· Provides care related to prenatal/postnatal services and care for uncomplicated pregnancies, in conjunction with physician partners, as delineated and approved for in request for clinical privileges.
· Provides family planning counseling and services.
· Consults with physician partner and refers patients with more complex/dynamic problems to subspecialty care, as appropriate.
· Maintains and updates Electronic Health Records (EHR) in a systematic format and completes required documentation within the specified amount of time expected by the Clinical Director.
· Ensures that patient records are kept confidential consistent with Health Center policies and procedures, Joint Commission, and HIPAA standards. Monitors HIPAA compliance within the work environment.
· Attends trainings, weekly Provider and Team meetings, and collaborates on practice, administrative, and quality improvement projects, as assigned by Clinical Director
· Provides clinical supervision and mentoring to Nurse Practitioner, Medical, and Physician Assistant students by mutual agreement with the Clinical Director.
· May work a fluctuating schedule, including days, evenings, weekend shifts, and holidays according to schedule approved by Clinical Director.
· Supports a work environment that is responsible and sensitive to the needs of a diverse staff and clients. Contributes to the professional team, supporting our Mission Statement.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
· Master’s Degree as a Family Nurse Practitioner.
· Active, Unrestricted Nurse Practitioner License in Massachusetts.
. 3+ years of experience as a Nurse Practitioner in a related field to Primary Care
· Our health center requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID19 and the Flu.
Qualifies for the HRSA Loan Repayment Program
Health Insurance plans starting on day-1 of employment. Employer pays 79% of premiums.
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability paid 100% by employer.
Competitive Retirement Plan
32 hours of clinical time and 8 hours of administrative time that can be completed remotely.
Patient Age Group Served:
· Neonates (Under 1 Month)
· Pediatric (1 Month to 12 Years)
· Adolescence (12-17 Years)
· Adult (18-64 Years)
· Geriatric (65+ Years)
Powered by JazzHR