Amazon Regional PR Manager in Massachusetts
Amazon is seeking a highly-intelligent, high-judgment, self-motivated and creative communications professional to join our Field Communications Team.
As a Regional PR Manager you will help manage strategic external communications for Amazon at the hyperlocal level, specifically in New England. The ideal candidate would be based in Boston with an ability to travel regularly to other Amazon sites across the region, and have established relationships, or the ability to quickly establish relationships, with local media, stakeholders, and community leaders.
To be successful in this role you will need excellent communications skills, exemplary writing ability, exceptional initiative, and a talent for collaboration. You should have experience delivering results with high standards under tight deadlines, and be comfortable and confident as an on the record spokesperson and the face of Amazon in your territory. Creativity and flexibility are a must, as well as knack for jumping in on projects where needed.
Key job responsibilities
• Develop and manage the execution of external media engagement programs in cities with Amazon sites, such as high-visibility building milestone events, community donations with local elected officials, press facility tours and filming opportunities, and other media relations activities
• Deliver communications counsel to internal executives on both short- and long-term challenges and opportunities
• Write, develop and manage approvals for news releases, media advisories, fact sheets, and related media materials for Amazon’s operations business
• Successfully manage complex, fast-moving, and unexpected communications challenges
• Build and maintain relationships with key consumer and trade media - both national and local in audience
• Solid ability to work collaboratively with multiple-stakeholder teams
• Effectively represent Amazon as a spokesperson via print, radio and tv interviews
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Virtual Location - MA
7+ years of recent professional communications or public relations experience
Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations, or a related field
High acumen and experience with PR crises management
Research and integrate industry news, trends and compelling angles into PR programs
Acute awareness of the local socio-political landscape, and keen insights into local community concerns/issues
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- Amazon Jobs