DuPont Lab Technician/Operator in Marlborough, Massachusetts
At DuPont, we are working on things that matter; whether it’s providing clean water to more than a billion people on the planet, producing materials that are essential in everyday technology devices from smartphones to electric vehicles, or protecting workers around the world.
If you would like to be a part of a premier multi-industrial company that is delivering sustainable solutions that bring real purpose and value, of a company with collaborative spirit because it believes that we work best when we work together as a team and values the diversity of thought, then DuPont is the company for you!
WHY JOIN US?
Our purpose is to empower the world with essential innovations to thrive. We work on things that matter!
Have the Opportunity to chart your own course, challenge yourself, and acquire new capabilities to build a rewarding and fulfilling career. We reward employees with competitive pay and incentives to recognize skills, competencies, and contributions to business results.
Get to Experience a collaborative environment where teamwork is celebrated with flexibility that enhances balance and an inclusive atmosphere that is welcoming to all!
Get to know our Purpose and make it yours by bringing innovations to market that improve the world, share a commitment to sustainability that makes our planet better and give back to communities in which we work and live.
DuPont has immediate openings for experienced Lab Technician/Operators in the R&D department at our Marlborough, MA site.
Your key responsibilities will be/what you’ll do:
· Follows all safety, HR (human resources), site, work area, and attendance policies
· Sets-up chemical mix equipment, including tanks, piping, tubing, pumps, filters and mixers for small volume manufacturing mixes
· Follows manufacturing procedures and instructions for weighing, mixing and sampling chemical products; handles chemicals safely
· Filters chemical products using pumps and in-line filters
· Observes batch manufacturing, monitors gauges, flow rates. Documents progress on batch sheets
· Performs tests on product to ensure conformance with specifications, using standard test equipment, materials, and procedures
· Delivers samples to various testing areas
· Conducts small scale experiments for the development of new Micro Electronic products. Mixes, filters, and tests final formulations
· Conducts small scale experiments for the development of new manufacturing processes such as filtration and ion exchange
· Assembles small scale laboratory equipment in order to perform tasks (pumps, teflon tubing, capsule filters, compression fittings)
· Collects and tabulates data accurately and thoroughly
· Writes procedures, Job Aids, and performs MOC (Management of Change)
· Responsible for managing projects that include collaboration with other groups, documenting progress, researching solutions, gathering data
· Documents work clearly and promptly in various media and applications
· Works occasional overtime as required, including weekends
· This position may require either day or evening shift hours, Monday through Friday
Your qualifications profile:
Minimum Skills/Experience/Education Required:
· High School diploma or GED
· 4+ years of professional work experience
· Must be flexible with respect to daily tasks
· Must be adaptable to the safety, quality, costs, and processes associated with daily tasks
· Must be able to work well with peers, engineers, scientists, all functional groups
· Must have good basic math skills including some algebra
· Must have good oral and written communications skills
· Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
· Must be computer literate (basic skills in Word and Excel)
· Must be willing and able to learn new skills and own new responsibilities
Preferred but not a must;
· Experience handling chemicals, ingredients, or materials
Join our talent community (https://careers.dupont.com/us/en/jointalentcommunity?applyType=JTC&utm_source=email&utm_medium=LaDona&utm_campaign=JTC) to stay connected with us!
Join our Talent Community (http://careers.dupont.com/us/en/jointalentcommunity) to stay connected with us!
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information (http://www.dupont.com/global-links/accessibility.html) .
- DuPont Jobs