Galvion Electrical Engineer Intern in Marlborough, Massachusetts
Galvion exists to empower military and tactical missions around the world. Our tactical head solutions, power & data systems and advanced capabilities divisions work independently as well as collaboratively to design, develop and deliver best-in-class, purpose-built solutions that enhance the agility and survivability of the modern warfighter and other demanding end-users. With over 20 years of experience, we have a proven track record as a reliable partner and a reputation for excellence. We believe in human-centered innovation and work proactively to solve the problems left unsolved by others so that our partners can safely complete their missions.
The Electrical Engineer Internship will be based at our Marlborough, MA facility and will be a part of our Advanced Capabilities Design Group. In this position, the Electrical Engineer Intern will be part of the team to research, design, and assemble next generation smart protection products for extremely rugged environments.
This is a paid internship and has a start date of mid-May and ends in mid-late August 2024.
About the role - you'll need to:
• Develop and produce electronic system prototypes.
• Assist in the analysis of, troubleshooting, and debugging embedded smart helmet engineering projects.
• Design, test, and build a variety of electrical projects.
• Work within a fast-paced and complex working environment.
Required Skills - About you - you'll need:
• Currently pursuing a degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering Technology, Robotics Engineering, Computer Engineering Technology, or an equivalent
• Working knowledge of standard lab equipment, DMM, Oscilloscope, etc.
• Experience in good engineering practices and the use of industry standard test equipment
• Must have or be willing to adopt a hands-on approach to help identify and solve problems.
• Must be able to design, build, test, and debug prototype electronic subsystems under the direction of senior level engineers.
• Ability to solder and desolder fine pitch components.
• Ability to help assembly of builds.
• Ability to run tests and generate detailed reports under the direction of senior level engineers.
• Understanding of basic electronics, embedded microcontrollers, dc power supplies
• Knowledge of communication circuits and protocols, i.e. I2C, Serial, USB
• Knowledge of schematic capture and PCB layout in Altium
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a team and demonstrate great interpersonal skills.
• Strong organization and documentation skills
• Experience with C, C++, C#, Python, Java, or Arduino a plus
• Experience in SolidWorks a plus