Cardinal Health Product Manager, Product and Solutions Marketing (Presource) in Mansfield, Massachusetts
This role is supporting the Medical Segment Solutions business, specifically the Presource® Products and Services franchise. Presource® Products and Services delivers insight-driven procedural solutions and products enabling the customer to drive efficiencies in patient care. The product that we manage is the aggregation and delivery of procedure-specific “bundle” that contains the necessary disposable intraoperative supplies for a surgical or medical procedure. Presource® is comprised of over 18 kit product categories, 17+ GPO contracts, over 36,000 finished good SKUs, and ships over 83M units of product each year.
Presource Global Product Marketing develops a suite of components, strategic relationships and procedural packs. In this role you are the owner of the upstream and downstream strategy for$41.7M+procedural portfolio of products. This portfolio is comprised of3procedural kit product categories, primarily focused onOphthalmology, Pain Management and Endoscopy. Key responsibilities are:
- Develop / drive strategy and results for the3procedural kit portfolios
- Responsible for upstream and downstream activities including procedural assessment and insight development, creation and global commercialization of products
- Directly report to the Sr. Manager, Global Product Marketing
What Product or Services Marketing contributes to Cardinal Health
Product or Services Marketing is responsible for defining the product/service and market strategy and life cycle management including customer need identification, market research, product or service offering, pricing, positioning, promotion, and branding.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of marketing and product management disciplines necessary for building business plans, product plans and roadmaps.
- Utilize market trends, customer needs, and competitive positioning to develop preferred product offerings for targeted segments and channels.
- Understand methods available to execute primary research that are necessary to drive product line/portfolio decisions. Can identify market opportunities through primary and secondary market research and take action by implementing and managing solutions that meet customer needs.
- Translate market and customer needs across multiple channels into clearly defined product requirements and product line strategy.
- Understand and demonstrate sound thought processes as it relates to business cases, investment requests, forecasting, pricing, deal structures, and assessing strategic options.
- Proactively gain insights into competitors, their products, pricing, unmet customer needs, and changing clinical practices through observation of operations and interactions with clinical staff.
- Manage the product life cycle of a product line or a portfolio of product lines from discovery and innovation, to new product planning, new product introduction, post-launch product management, and product retirement.
- Develop the product strategy for the product line(s), working with cross-functional teams.
- Identify and remain current on market trends. Determine product lifecycle implications and make decisions to drive market competitiveness and to achieve sustainable economic success.
- Demonstrate strong financial acumen and logical decision making in the general business environment.
- Execute projects to drive penetration of Cardinal branded products.
- Serve as a procedural/product expert for assigned product lines.
- Strong ability to influence and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams including R&D, sourcing, sales, manufacturing, sales operations, strategic pricing, finance, quality, regulatory, legal, inventory, and others.
- Serve as an effective and inspirational leader to the product management team and cross-functional teams supporting product management.
- Take informed risk and be biased toward action.
- Bachelors degree in related field, or equivalent work experience, preferred.
- Marketing or Supply Chain background preferred
- 3+ years experience in related field, preferred.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs