Cardinal Health Marketing Manager, Product Management in Mansfield, Massachusetts
What Product or Solutions Marketing contributes to Cardinal Health
Marketing assesses customer needs, market conditions and competition to inform business strategy. This function implements the business strategy by developing and commercializing products and services and managing them throughout their full life cycles.
Product & Solutions Marketing defines marketing strategies and manages products and services throughout their life cycles to meet and exceed revenue and profitability objectives. This family identifies customer needs and conducts market research to inform marketing strategies and offerings. This family also defines pricing, positioning, promotion, branding and distribution to drive customer loyalty, sales growth and improved profitability.
- Manage the revenue and profit of the Woman & Baby (W&B) and Urology portfolios in the Medical Products segment of Cardinal Health.
- Develop specific marketing objectives, strategies, and tactics. Build and execute the product marketing plans to grow the portfolio as part of an integrated strategy for Medical Products.
- Serve as a product expert, working with Clinical and Sales staff to communicate value to customers, detail features and benefits, and make pricing decisions in line with the established pricing strategy.
- Work with Enterprise Contracting, Sales, and Product Management to develop strategies that capture GPO/RPC contract positions and maximize existing contracts.
- Proactively gain insights into competitors, their products, pricing, unmet customer needs, and changing clinical practices through market research, and interactions with filed staff and customers.
- Develop recommendations for new products, product lines, and product line extensions that align with channel growth objectives. Make recommendations regarding product line rationalization and product retirement within the channel.
- Develop the mechanisms to communicate insights gathered from the field to all relevant internal stakeholders.
- Develop the in-channel launch, marketing, and promotion strategy for new product launches, and drive growth initiatives for products post-launch.
- Create product related sales tools and train the field sales force in a way that empowers representatives to effectively sell the portfolio.
- Remain current on trends in the market that impact sales, distribution and the profitability of Cardinal Health's products.
- Develop stakeholder analysis, competitive analysis, positioning/value proposition, and message platform.
- Strong ability to influence and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams including global marketing, sales, customer service, strategic pricing, enterprise marketing, finance, quality, regulatory, legal, inventory, manufacturing, and supply/demand planning
- Bachelors degree in related field, or equivalent work experience, preferred.
- 4+ years experience in related field, preferred.
- A Covid-19 vaccination is required in order to be employed in this position. This includes either: 2 doses of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine OR 1 dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs