Beth Israel Lahey Health Sr Project Manager in Lynnfield, Massachusetts
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Day (United States of America)
The Senior Project Manager, Performance Improvement will work within the primary care practices implementing a system that ensures colleagues available are utilized in the most beneficial way to provide high quality care. The Senior Project Manager, Performance Improvement will strive to create a care model where clinic members work collaboratively with patients and their caregivers to accomplish shared goals. This individual maintains excellent communication with all levels of management, including executives across the Beth Israel Lahey Health System, to ensure objectives and deadlines are being met for all projects.
The Senior Project Manager, Performance Improvement is responsible for leading and facilitating project selection, planning, analysis, evaluation, implementation and sustainment of projects to support the strategic and operational needs of Beth Israel Lahey Health System.
The Senior Project Manager is highly skilled in change management, operations management, project management, strategy deployment, critical thinking, communications and management systems. The Director has comprehensive experience in Lean Project/Program Management and is able to lead in the coaching and mentoring of team members to help them achieve individual job expectations and deliverables. This position assesses resource needs and facilitates appropriate individual assignments from the assigned primary care ./ family medicine practices they reside in.
The Senior Project Manager will support the organization's effort to improve workflow processes, improve patient, clinician and staff satisfaction as well as improve access, patient throughput, and quality. While ensuring system level objective results through project management skills and Lean methodologies throughout BILH.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
● Technical mastery of continuous improvement methodologies such as, Lean, A3, DMAIC, root cause problem solving as well as process management and change management. Manage and track all projects through continuous improvement methodologies. Prepares Scope of Work, as well as additional supporting documentation needed for projects.
● Will be a valued asset that will provide input into the development of the business deployment strategy, goals, priorities, and leading project to support strategies.
● Communications include all internal and external teams, primary care leadership. Client / partner stakeholders, management,executives, etc., including but not limited to , Communicates project status, major milestones, challenges/ issues..
● Partner and collaborate with stakeholders, executive and leadership level personal, along with other business and technical teams to create project plan, objectives, and deadlines. Successfully engaging across the organization, he/she will ensure that the targets and execution of the projects are aligned with the divisional targets.
● Provides leadership, direction and coaching on project specific tasks. Ability to see, account for, and coach others in the “big picture” as well as the details and be able to tie initiatives to Corporate Goals.
● Develops and communicates project management guidelines, lean methodologies standards, and best practices.
● Responsibilities include staff development and performance management.
● Supporting a professional team, you will lead, train, and coach associates leading improvement projects and implementing continuous improvement methodologies and tools.
● Strong problem solving, critical thinking, organization, and communication skills.
● High level of personal, professional integrity and trustworthiness with strong work ethic and the ability to take initiative, as well as work collaboratively and contribute to an agile team environment and to work independently with minimal direction.
● Escalates any potential risk to business immediately to key stakeholders.
● Maintains a performance and improvement culture. Be an impactful Change Agent. Take initiative to reach out and drive changes. Developing teams to thrive on change and inspires colleagues to embrace and embed new ways of working.
● Actively removes any boundaries to create an environment that promotes and encourages teams working across functions.
● Oversees the quality and appropriateness of the work performed to ensure it delivers measurable business benefits
● Provide support to and exemplify the company’s culture, mission, vision and values.
● Possess drive and eagerness to learn.
Maintain strict adherence to the Beth Israel Lahey Health Confidentiality policy.
Incorporate Beth Israel Lahey Health Standards of Behavior and Guiding Principles into daily activities.
Comply with all Beth Israel Lahey Health Policies.
Comply with behavioral expectations of the department and Beth Israel Lahey Health.
Maintain courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
Demonstrate an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
Demonstrate a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
Participate in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
Participate in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
Perform all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
● Bachelor’s degree in Business, Healthcare, Organizational Management, Quality, Industrial Engineering or related field is required, or equivalent industry training and experience.
● MBA or Masters in Industrial Engineering highly desirable.
Licensure, Certification & Registration:
● Lean/Six Sigma certification and demonstrated experience implementing Lean methodologies preferred.
● Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred.
● 7+ years in healthcare process improvement or healthcare operations experience required.
● 7+ years direct operations management, performance improvement or consulting experience in one or more of the following areas: Strategic planning, operations management, quality improvement, process improvement.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
● Excellent analytical skills.
● Exceptional skills with Microsoft Office applications.
● Strong proven leadership, project management, and execution skills.
● Superb communication skills, both written and verbal.
● Demonstrated change agent, self-starter and team player.
● Able to work independently and handle multiple priorities.
● Capable of leading the charge (sometimes from behind) and thinking "out of the box". Comfortable challenging the status quo while able to work diplomatically to keep stakeholders engaged.
● Understands context of assignments and tasks and able to be flexible and adaptable to changing roles & priorities.
● Serve as a role model by integrating quality customer service skills, leadership skills and communication skills when interfacing with colleague.
● Ability to assess the impact of new project requirements on an existing team workload
● Provides ongoing reconciliation between long-term goals and short-term actions
● Establish and nurtures positive relationships in the PIO department and throughout the organization.
● Ability to articulate a variety of departmental and organizational goals, strategies and plans into integrated tasks with timelines and resource assignment
● Excellent leadership, management, analytical, problem solving and technical skills
● Strong knowledge of clinic and hospital practices
● Willingness and ability to commute to various practices and office locations.
1 LHS CEO’s, VP’s, clinical and nonclinical leadership
2 Directors of site operations
3 Practice specific managers /supervisors
4 Primary care leadership
5 Medical Directors
6 Performance Improvement steering committee
Work Schedule: Indicate either Yes or No as appropriate. Hours of work may be subject to change based upon the needs of the business/department.
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more (https://www.bilh.org/newsroom/bilh-to-require-covid-19-influenza-vaccines-for-all-clinicians-staff-by-oct-31) about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Beth Israel Lahey Health
- Beth Israel Lahey Health Jobs