Kronos Summer Intern - Release Engineering in Lowell, Massachusetts
Summer Intern - Release Engineering
Lowell - Massachusetts - USA
The Software Engineering Intern will work with the Release Engineering team on the planning, design and development of a Zabbix dashboard system to monitor, alert, and remediate Release Engineering systems. Zabbix collects data on infrastructure, applications, and system resources. The intent of this project will be to monitor all systems and some applications so that we can be alerted about problems. Where possible, Zabbix will mitigate those problems. The project will encompass the use of built-in data points and will also involve the development of custom data points for applications that we use in house.
In this internship, you will:
• Develop a Zabbix Dashboard to monitor, alert, and remediate Release Engineering systems
• Track progress through the Atlassian JIRA system
• Demonstrate weekly status and progress to team
• Document Project through Atlassian Confluence continuously
• Collaborate remotely with team members
• Pursuing a Bachelors degree in computer science, software engineering or related field
• Knowledge of Windows and Linux systems
• Knowledge of Windows batch and Linux shell scripting
• Knowledge of Git source control
• Experience with Java programming (Groovy is a plus)
• Familiarity with REST APIs and JSON data
• Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Information Technology
• Previous experience with Zabbix or other system monitoring tools a plus
• Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to write technical documentation
• Ability to work independently for research and development.
• Seeks guidance when necessary
Here at UKG, Our Purpose Is People. UKG combines the strength and innovation of Ultimate Software and Kronos, uniting two award-winning, employee-centered cultures. Our employees are an extraordinary group of talented, energetic, and innovative people who care about more than just work. We strive to create a culture of belonging and an employee experience that empowers our people. UKG has more than 13,000 employees around the globe and is known for its inclusive workplace culture. Ready to be inspired? Learn more at www.ukg.com/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer
Kronos, a UKG Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
View The EEO is the Law poster (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm) and its supplement .
View the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf)
Kronos, a UKG Company participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here (https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/EVerifyParticipationPoster.pdf) .
For individuals with disabilities that need additional assistance at any point in the application and interview process, please email UKGCareers@ukg.com or please call 1 (978) 250 9800.800.
- Kronos Jobs