CDM Smith Senior Project Manager - Water Services in Lowell, Massachusetts
CDM Smith currently has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Manager with previous experience managing municipal water services projects to join our Northeast group. In this position, your primary role will be to lead the successful delivery of engineering projects for our clients in the following areas of practice: planning and design of drinking water, wastewater treatment, biosolids, pump station, conveyance, general municipal engineering, and stormwater. Secondarily, you will support Client Service Leaders in business development activities for projects you are identified to manage or play a key technical role in delivering.
CDM Smith’s Global Delivery Excellence Framework provides project managers with a comprehensive set of standardized tools and policies that streamline scope, schedule, and financial management. Project managers are also provided with project control specialist, contract administrator, and quality management support throughout the project planning, delivery, and closeout lifecycle. Senior Project Manager key performance indicators include revenue managed, profit delivered, cash flow, sales contributions, on-time delivery, quality management system compliance, and individual utilization.
For more information about our Project Management roles, tools and culture, please visit this website https://bit.ly/2UC8V16.
As a member of this team, you would contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
• Managing and serving as the lead Project Manager for wastewater, water, stormwater, conveyance, and general municipal engineering projects.
• Providing technical guidance, senior leadership, and mentoring engineering staff to enhance our water services design capabilities.
• Being responsible for planning and execution of scope, schedule and budget for projects managed.
• Completing Quality Assurance/Quality Control reviews of key deliverables.
• Assisting Client Service Leaders with technical marketing by meeting with clients in the region.
• Participation in professional societies relevant to the industry.
• Building and maintaining positive working relationships with key decision makers in our clients’ organizations.
• Perform technical engineering project work.
• Providing excellent client service that generates repeat business.
• Supporting proposal development and participating in interviews for new projects you will help deliver.
Senior Project Manager - Water Services
• Bachelor's Degree.
• 7 years of related experience. PMP (PMI), CCM or DBIA certification is required (within 12 months of hire or promotion onto the Approved Project Manager list).
• Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
• Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Bachelor's degree in civil, environmental or chemical engineering or related discipline.
• Professional engineering (PE) license.
• Previous experience working on and managing projects for municipal water resources, wastewater, drinking water, conveyance clients.
• Previous experience managing multi-discipline project teams.
• Excellent communication, networking and team building skills.
• Previous experience working directly with clients.
• Master’s degree.
• Previous experience working and managing projects for municipal clients.
• Previous business development experience including preparation of proposals and scopes of work and cost estimates for municipal clients.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
Job Site Location:
Northeast United States
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant's criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.
All bonuses at CDM Smith are discretionary and may or may not apply to this position.
Work Location Options:
Fully Remote or Hybrid Work Options may be considered for successful candidate.
- CDM Smith Jobs