Wellforce Radiologic Technologist in Lowell, Massachusetts
The Radiologic Technologist performs/supervises services in the Imaging Services area according to the policies, procedures, philosophy, and objectives of the department and hospital. Works cooperatively within department and other services to create a system of quality health care.
· Greets patients using scripting and other tools in an effort to improve communication and improve patient/physician satisfaction. Escorts patients by specified mode of transportation. Identifies patient verbally by name and DOB and checks ID bracelet.
· Properly identifies patients and exams ordered. Assists patient with dress and undress as needed. Transports patient interdepartmentally as needed.
· Orders proper exam in RIS system identifying proper ordering physician, account information and diagnosis. When needed may contact patient for additional views and or schedule patient for exams.
· Provides patient education for ordered exams. Properly positions and prepares patients for Radiological procedures deciding on techniques and views to best demonstrate injury or illness. Properly uses CR/DR (as appropriate) processing and PACS to ensure image quality meets Radiologist protocol.
· Demonstrates critical thinking to troubleshoot any imaging and/or IT related issues to completing studies in a timely and accurate manner.
· Provides proper radiation protection for patient, other employees, and self in accordance with ALARA.
· Maintains a clean working environment by utilizing downtime to maintain equipment in working condition. Aprons, portables, c-arms, etc. · Communicates need of supplies regularly to supervisor to maintain adequate inventory and or order supplies if needed. Maintains assigned room stocked with needed supplies to complete all tasks. · Supervises students during radiologic procedures and/or assistants to proper radiation protection, film orientation and patient education. · Recognizes when others are in need of assistance and consistently offers help when own workload permits. · Assists Radiologists and other physicians during Radiological and Surgical procedures. Demonstrates knowledge of Barium and other contrast materials. Demonstrates the ability to operate all radiologic equipment.