UKG (Ultimate Kronos Group) Lead Software QA Automation Engineer in Lowell, Massachusetts
Lead Software QA Automation Engineer
Travel Amount Required:
Alpharetta - Georgia - United States, Atlanta - Georgia - United States, Lowell - Massachusetts - United States, Weston - Florida - United States
Description & Qualifications
As a Lead QA your responsibilities involve establishing QA processes and procedures and then overseeing the testing of our platform applications. With your experience in backend automation and performance testing, you will be responsible for ensuring the quality and reliability of our platform applications, as well as performance testing to ensure that our systems can handle the expected load.
In this role you will work closely with development and product teams to understand the requirements and design of new features and workflows and use this knowledge to create comprehensive test plans, test cases, and maintain QA documentation. You will also be responsible for maintaining and improving our existing test automation frameworks and tools.
In addition to hands-on testing, you will also be expected to mentor and provide guidance to junior QA team members, and to stay up to date with the latest testing techniques and technologies.
Overall, your goal will be to ensure the quality and reliability of our platform, and to help our team deliver high-quality releases on schedule.
• Lead and guide critical testing initiatives that often require complex technical and domain knowledge.
• Participate in design meetings with Business Analysts, Support and share perspectives on product development ensuring testability and automation.
• Lead the team in planning, writing, and executing tests on complex data from sourcing to calculation based on business and functional specifications.
• Develop test strategies for performance, scalability, and reliability of the system by performing usage analysis.
• Mentor developers and other testers on good automation practices and techniques.
• Assist with prioritization of automation tasks on the backlog.
• Assist with troubleshooting escalations and critical issues; take ownership until the issue is resolved.
• 7 or more years’ experience as a Software Developer or Quality Engineer or Software Developer Engineer in Test.
• Experience in understanding and implementation of current, and widely accepted, software development standards and practices.
• Working knowledge of the principles of software design and development.
• Experience on service-oriented / messaging architecture and continuous delivery.
• Ability to develop and test code in an object-oriented language, preferably Java
• Experience in testing messaging/eventing architecture. Preferable experience with Kafka or RabbitMQ message brokers.
• Ability to write intermediate SQL and NoSQL queries.
• Experience with automation tools and frameworks like JUnit, TestNg, NightwatchJS and selenium.
• Experience in performance testing tools (JMeter, gatling and LoadRunner)
• Experience in logging, monitoring and alerting tools (Grafana, Kabana) to create dashboard visualizations of key metrics.
• Working knowledge of testing techniques/methodologies and how to apply them (white box, equivalence class partitioning, pairwise, state transition, boundary value, decision table)
Here at UKG, Our Purpose Is People. UKG combines the strength and innovation of Ultimate Software and Kronos, uniting two award-winning, employee-centered cultures. Our employees are an extraordinary group of talented, energetic, and innovative people who care about more than just work. We strive to create a culture of belonging and an employee experience that empowers our people. UKG has more than 13,000 employees around the globe and is known for its inclusive workplace culture. Ready to be inspired? Learn more at www.ukg.com/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ultimate Kronos Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other legally protected status under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.
View The EEO Know Your Rights poster (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/2022-10/EEOC_KnowYourRights_screen_reader_10_20.pdf) and its supplement .
View the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf)
UKG participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here (https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/EVerifyParticipationPoster.pdf) .
For individuals with disabilities that need additional assistance at any point in the application and interview process, please email UKGCareers@ukg.com.
UKG (Ultimate Kronos Group)
- UKG (Ultimate Kronos Group) Jobs