Artis Senior Living Environmental Services Assistant - PRN in Lexington, Massachusetts
The Environmental Services Assistant provides a variety of standard and unskilled tasks in the Environmental Services and repair of community grounds and facilities.
Essential Position Functions:
- Follows work order procedure and sees that confirmation of receipt and timing is made to each resident.
- Assures that Environmental Services allowance for residents are consistently followed. Residents are properly charged when appropriate.
- Insures efficient use of company supplies, materials, tools and resources.
- Shows an ability to relate to and perform job functions for the elderly in a positive and efficient manner.
- Maintains the community interior and exterior in good condition and appearance.
- Remains on call, when assigned, for 24 hours a day.
- Makes minor repairs on handrails, windows, flooring, walls, ceilings, beds, wheelchairs, geri-chairs, electrical equipment, sprinkling systems, generators, emergency lighting, fire alarms and extinguishers, changes filters on HVAC equipment, carries, lifts and stocks supplies.
- Concerns his/herself with the safety of all residents in order to minimize the potential for fire and accidents. Also, ensures that the location adheres to the legal, safety, health, fire and sanitation codes by being familiar with his/her role in carrying out the site’s fire, safety and disaster plans and by being familiar with current Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
- Puts Customer Service first; ensures that residents and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals’ needs and rights.
- Adheres to all OSHA regulations and safety procedures when lifting, using equipment and using chemicals.
Performs all other duties as requested. Education/Experience:
Must have demonstrated experience in Environmental Services and be sensitive to needs of elders and disabled individuals.
- High school degree or equivalent and basic knowledge of wiring, plumbing and carpentry are preferred. An equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, race, ethnicity, gender, religion, or otherwise. Minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.