P3I, Incorporated Electrical Engineer in Lexington, Massachusetts
This position with P3I is supporting The Rapid Prototyping Group at MIT Lincoln Lab. P3I seeks an experienced cable engineer with a background in EE, selection of cable components, wiring diagrams and cable fabrication processes. This engineer will work on a variety of short duration (6-18 month) projects to provide complex and innovative solutions for a number of sensor systems. This engineer must be capable of working well in teams consisting of Subject Matter Experts across many different fields.
- Design system and unit level electrical interconnection and power distribution schemes in collaboration with project teams
- Perform basic design calculations, select appropriate components and hardware
- Prepare design concepts, block diagrams, schematics, wiring diagrams, cable/harness fabrication drawings utilizing 2D and 3D CAD (Computer Aided Design) software
- Support parts identification, procurement, fabrication and system level integration
- Software/applications:2D and 3D CAD Software (preferably SolidWorks), Cable design software (Zuken E3 or other).
- Knowledge of electronic design for aerospace applications, including connector selection, wire types/sizes/derating, voltage drops, electro-mechanical packaging, electrical fabrication & assembly techniques
- Knowledge of ASME & IEE Standards for selection of hardware interconnects
- Specifying, developing, and verifying models and simulations.
- Must possess an active DoD Govt. security clearance
- Experience with cable/interconnect configuration management.
- Knowledge of Product Data Management (PDM) or Produce Lifecycle Management (PLM) software
- Hands-on experience with the development and testing of aerospace sensor systems.
- MS plus 3 years minimum relevant experience, or BS plus 5 years minimum relevant experience
Candidates must be enthusiastic, innovative and motivated self-starters able to work independently, or with an interdisciplinary group, to achieve program requirements.
They must possess strong oral and written communications skills, and must be able to present findings/results to internal and external organizations.
If applicable, a bibliography of technical writings, patents, etc., should be included with the candidate's resume
Location: Lexington, Massachusetts
Employment Type: Full-Time
Minimum Experience: Experienced