Lowe's Store Manager in Hudson, Massachusetts
What You Will Do
All Lowe’s associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products our customers need. As a Store Manager, this means:
• Ensuring associates are delivering friendly, professional and timely service to all customers who shop the store.
• Monitoring the performance, profitability, and flow-through of store plans and programs.
• Championing and implementing strategic asset protection plans that improve safety and security outcomes.
The Store Manager manages the overall store operations (i.e., expenses, merchandising standards, compliance, safety, security, and workforce) and those directly helping customers to drive positive customer experiences, sales, and margin performance. The Store Manager works closely with cross-functional partners in HR, Asset Protection, and Operations at the District, Region, and Corporate levels to execute the Lowe’s business strategy within his/her store.
To be successful, the Store Manager must build and support a store culture, in partnership with key stakeholders, that is aligned to the Lowe’s mission and behaviors where employees are engaged and inspired. This leader is also responsible for maintaining a strategic view of store talent needs, recruiting and developing talent, driving execution of sales and service strategies, analyzing relevant data to inform store-specific strategies, championing customer service, proactively addressing store needs, and acting as the Lowe’s brand ambassador for the community.
Travel Requirements: This role does not require regular travel; however, this role may need to travel on occasion to meetings, trainings, or to support neighboring stores.
What We're Looking For
• Salaried: Generally scheduled for 48 hours; more hours may be required based on the needs of the business.
• Requires morning, afternoon and evening availability any day of the week.
• Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job duties.
• Minimally must be able to lift 25 pounds without assistance; may lift over 25 pounds with or without assistance.
What You Need To Succeed
• 4 years of experience leading associates in a large retail environment, with Sales Volume exceeding 20M annually
• 5 years of experience working in a fast-paced, cross-functional work environment
• Experience building and maintaining cross-functional relationships in a matrixed environment
• Experience analyzing and using customer, market, and competitor data to inform decisions and business planning
• Experience managing/sponsoring the implementation of corporate or local change initiatives
• Experience using Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to obtain sales related licensure or registration as may be required by law
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or Related Field
• Experience managing in big‐box Home Improvement retail industry
• Experience building partnerships within the community
• Experience in a leadership role in more than one store volume or complexity level
If the state or local municipality requires a salesperson license for this position, you must either be licensed or pass the requisite licensing exam within sixty (60) days of starting employment in this position.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
- Lowe's Jobs